Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fullerton guitars

Thread: Fullerton guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fullerton guitars

Anyone remember those Fullerton guitars we got at those ridiculously low prices? I've been noticing that nobody is reselling them. It seems like folks are hanging on to them. I have check the auction site and Craigs and so far hardly anything shows up. Maybe they really are something after all.

I still have mine and I know Sunvalley does too. Anyone else?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mine, well technically I gave it to our middle daughter, but....
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Daddy looks after it until she turns 18?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, she is not playing that seriously that I can't borrow it, should I need to. Not that I do need to anyway - my SX and Fender strats are still better.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there's a couple in the UK. . . Are they any nice?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...llerton+guitar

The seller with the 'Buy it Now' has a classic little quote - well, it made I chuckle. . .

'i will not post abroad, because i cant be bothered, so dont ask as a poke in the eye often offends!'

Haha. . . :

poke. . . .poke. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my Fully bass wasn't resold because it was immediately put in the box and returned to Music 123. My guess would be that one reason for the lack of reselling is because they aren't worth anything monetarily speaking.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is still here at the office, and gets plugged in to the old iMac regularly for a little work break practice now and then. I have a humbucker from Tone to mod it with, but never have done it. I also need to re-string it still, as the light, noodly stock ones just seem too floppy to me. I also am much more used to my 9.5 rad maple fretboard on my strat as opposed the the flatter rosewood one on the fully. I still hope to use is as a mod project to turn into some sort of splittable HSH monster strat. I think with new strings and pup improvements, it will be pretty good! As it is, it works great for practicing at work.

Interestingly, my son's SSS one (Mine is a HSS) seems more balanced or nicer sounding somehow. Must be my imagination, but there you have it. My son loves his, and it works great for him. He got his as part of the starter pack, and even the cheap little amp works good enough for him to practice with at home.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Still have mine, and I love it - I find it a pleasure to play, it has a nice weight and feel, nice neck and fingerboard - I swapped the pickups for GFS classic alnico's which mellowed the sound. What's not to like - especially when I reflect on the $35. price tag! I couldn't get near enough for it to replace it with something better, I don't think.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

All I know is that George Fullerton was one of the main players in the design of the original prototype Strato Caster with Freddie Tavares, Bill Carson and of course Leo Fender. After the sale of Fender to CBS they had a no compete clause and had to stay out of the busines for a number of years.
    So if he actually had anything to do with the guitars you can bet they are pretty good.
    Spudman are you talking about the G&L guitars or is this something different.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Spudman are you talking about the G&L guitars or is this something different.
    Something else Grasshopper. That's why the thread is "Fullerton guitars." It isn't G&L for sure. Don't tell me that you missed out on these when Music 123 was blowing them out. I got 3 of them for $27 each and free shipping.

I'll have to dig them out and take some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my black ST4 "Fat Fully." I originally got it with the intentions of giving it as a gift to get someone else into guitar playing, but that never happened. I wound up keeping it for myself, and now I live in some sort of denial of the fact it is one of the better made guitars I own. I haven't sold because where on earth can I get another guitar, new in the box, for $27??!!
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed on that one for sure. I would love to see a picture of these.
    For 27 dollars you probably couldn't buy the tuners!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

They were incredible deals. Probably the best guitar under $500 I've ever played. They are incredibly well crafted and sound phenomenal. Too bad you missed out on such a great deal.

Sorry, I'm just teasing you. FWIW - I'm in love with the Squier Deluxe and it's already making me money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I missed on that one for sure. I would love to see a picture of these.
    For 27 dollars you probably couldn't buy the tuners!
    He means these: First post has links to pics.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3019

This link also has pics and a bunch of the story.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2957
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Don't miss this one - it's where I found out about it: complete with clips

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars..._stratocaster/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's a good link. Plus some great clips linked in that one. I wonder who that player is.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Still got my ST4 "Fat Fully" (shoulda copyrighted that name, 'cuz I'm pretty sure I used it first ), though I haven't been playing it much lately due to it not being as readily accessible as my "main fivesome" which sit on stands in my playing room. But I still think it was just an amazingly good guitar at $99, much less the paltry $27 I paid for it during the Music123 blowout deal. I put about another ~$60 worth of upgrades in it (primarily new pickups), and it sounds great. And it has one of the best feeling & playing necks of any of my guitars, though I did have to file down a moderate case of fret sprout.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - it can still be had at both eBay and Amazon. < about $90 there.little more on eBay.did not know it was an Aria product either.G & L at eBay too last I looked
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

This post prompted me to pull the Fullerton ST4 off the chair it was propped on, dust it off, put on a new set of strings, and give it some much overdue attention. Reminded me again how amazingly well this little cheapo axe plays, and how good it sounds with the upgraded p'ups I put into it (GFS overwound Strat pickups at the neck and middle, and one of their Fat PAF humbuckers at the bridge). Gonna make sure I don't neglect it for so long again!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!