Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Name your band and first album! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name your band and first album!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KrisH
    Intoducing:

Seldom with a Good One, by Blueshift

It's a live album . . .
    KrisH you do know there is a surf band on the West coast that is also called Blue Shift didn't you? I know their lead guitarist even though I'm mid west I keep, up on up and comers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player
    KrisH you do know there is a surf band on the West coast that is also called Blue Shift didn't you? I
    OH NO!!! Now I guess I'm gonna get sued . . .

Post Thanks / Like

KrisH,would not worry about getting sued.just because I know the guy does not mean I have to tell him.besides you are 3000 miles away.know of a few others too that have the same names.have not heard anyone get taken to court.it might be different if we were talking copyright infringements but we're not so don't fret(pun intended)
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

"Confronted with Unsurmountable Opportunities" by Offenburg

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

My band, Big Foot, has just released its first album, Up To You Daily, on Flotsam & Jetsam Records. Here's the cover art:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Band: Hunt Class Minesweeper
    Album: Sacred to Other People
    Album Cover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladynate/2565186218/

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so I'm in a band called Mid-stream Operation with an album called On Their Television Screens (thank you, President Eisenhower) and here's the cover.

BTW, the photog who took this calls it Egyptian Geese. Yeah, right! As a popular NZ beer commercial has it
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

band name: new idols
    album name: Except death and taxes
    album cover:http://www.flickr.com/photos/galbi/3765645994/

I guess we're some kinda alternative/emo band, new idols just sounds like it, there's death in the album title and the cover is a picture of a rose. I like the punchlines better!

kinda weird, but I enjoyed it.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL

Quimper Peninsula: It May Not Be Dismayed
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

pes_laul Guest

band name: Sainte-Croix-de-Mareuil (wtf lol)

Album name:It, Do it Now!

My album cover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/specialb/3759643979/

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been 14 months since my first album and sales were brisk.

Hopefully no sophomore jinx with my new band.

band name:Camden High School

album name: the gift of oneself.

album cover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannyb/3758568503/
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's "By taking up another" by Qadiwind.

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best one I've come up with so far. I think Mirabella Gregori is a neo-Goth diva, along the lines of Kate Bush or Siouxie.

"When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    This is the best one I've come up with so far. I think Mirabella Gregori is a neo-Goth diva, along the lines of Kate Bush or Siouxie.

I'm confused.

I thought the OP was asking forumites for the names of their bands, and for those band's first albums/covers.

Are you in Mirabella's band?

Lincoln, UK. Probably at the V-Power pump. Again!
    Post Thanks / Like

Number 6 Squadron, toward trueness at last.

Translucent red Ibanez Artcore AFS75T archtop semi : Rotosound Roto Blues (10-52)
    Black/white Yamaha Pacifica 112V : Rotosound Roto Yellows (10-46)
    NEW - VOX Valvetronix VT30 with VFS5 foot-switches
    Crate V5 - 5 Watt valve amp voiced by 10" Jensen speaker
    KORG Pandora Toneworks PX4D effects gizmo
    Sensei called Johnny
    Oriental red sunburst Yamaha APX700 electro-acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Name of Band: Edmund Harvey
    Name of Record: "...you get that banana?"
    Album cover:

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    I'm confused.

I thought the OP was asking forumites for the names of their bands, and for those band's first albums/covers.

Are you in Mirabella's band?
    No, it's a silly game.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:random
    The article title is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
    The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
    The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
    My actual first nearly-unlistenable cassette release with my highly dysfunctional and musically flintstonian first band will receive no mention here.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Band/ Outdoor Dogs
    Album/In Heat!!

You know what it looks like! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Band/ Outdoor Dogs
    Album/In Heat!!

You know what it looks like! Sumi
    Ah so you're a rap group?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast