Thread: Bedouin Soundclash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bedouin Soundclash

Bedouin Soundclash is a band from the beautiful and historic Canadian city of Kingston Ontario.

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of this band and what they are doing musically.

'St.Andrews'

'When the night feels my song'

Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing !

A strange mix of irish pub music and reaggy? I like
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard them a lot on the radio, and was surprised they were local boys! They have a Reggae/Ska/Irish flavour to them, which I really enjoy.

I found myself playing St, Andrews on the guitar one day not too long ago, and didn't know where I'd heard it... just a few chords with an infectious rhythm, them it came to me so I thought I'd post.

I love it when I hear a band doing something a bit differently than the mainstream.
    Last edited by Algonquin; May 31st, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, I like that. Kind of an 80's reggae/ska flavor but more organic for the organic age. Reminds me a little of what a band like Madness might sound like if they got mellow. That is maybe not fair to compare, these guys have their own thing going, but it is what was brought to mind. Bottom line, me like. Thanks!

I listened to that second one again, and heard some Toots and the Maytals also. Nice!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey My Celtic band Covers, When the night feels my song.
    The crowd always love it and sing along..Great pub song.
    Get the ladies dancing sexy...LOL...what more do ya want...LOL