Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Found a nice Strat thursday at Guitar Center
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a nice Strat thursday at Guitar Center

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found a nice Strat thursday at Guitar Center

It was nearly new slightly used Fender Standard Strat in Vintage White that was traded in.I put it on layaway.Price was $249.99 with hard case.I can hardly wait to get it out of layaway.I have a Vox AD30VT XL coming to play it through.Just starting out and have a Johnson Strat copy and a Washburn Oscar Schmidt OE30.So this will my 1st brand name guitar.Always wanted a Fender!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats,

I've wanted a white Fender Strat for sometime, sounds like you got your hands on a good one. What's the pick-up arrangement?

Do remember - if you mentioned it here, you have to post pictures here.

And also remember - safety first.

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Vintage white Standard you say. Well here is my 68 Reissue CIJ Strat.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...wz/68Strat.jpg
    This one is a 97 model and they turn an almost yellow white over the years.
    Yours will have the large headstock as well.
    Maple or Rosewood board?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Vintage white Standard you say. Well here is my 68 Reissue CIJ Strat.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...wz/68Strat.jpg
    This one is a 97 model and they turn an almost yellow white over the years.
    Yours will have the large headstock as well.
    Maple or Rosewood board?
    Damn, Z, I love that guitar.:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Damn, Z, I love that guitar.:
    I'm loving that Peavey, strum...

Post Thanks / Like

Default forgot to say

Maple fretboard on maple neck.And a Fender shaped hard case worth about $100 salesman said.Saw it today with good friend M29 who looked it over and liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

You just hit all the right buttons. Standard Strat (MIM), Vintage White, my favourite strat colour, Maple board, my favourite Strat board, harshell case, and best of all TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE DOLLARS. All I can say is
    "start the car, you stole that thing". Just Strum is having palpitations over that one. Of course it doesn't exist without pictures. Pony up that money in a hurry so we can see it!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of the Fender MIM Strat I bought:

Post Thanks / Like

very nice....looks like you got a great deal!! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    very nice....looks like you got a great deal!! :

ww
    Are you referring to the bed spread that matches one of you shorts?

F4D: Looks very nice, you must be having a blast with it.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to the bed spread that matches one of you shorts?
    you don't know how close you are....let's compare....his bedspread versus a picture of my shorts that i just took (with my guitars in the pic so you know it's real!) : :

click my pic for a bigger one

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

you don't know how close you are....let's compare....his bedspread versus a picture of my shorts that i just took (with my guitars in the pic so you know it's real!) : :

click my pic for a bigger one

ww
    Based on the comment above the pic, I was afraid to click, thought it might be a pancake shot. Were you wearing those just before getting behind the camera?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the comment above the pic, I was afraid to click, thought it might be a pancake shot. Were you wearing those just before getting behind the camera?
    possibly.... :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

possibly.... :

ww
    pass.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good F4DPhantomII: Everything lines up nice and looks to be played very little. I did notice your tone control knobs are upside down but I don't think there is a lot to fixing that. :

Lets Jam my friend

M29
    Last edited by M29; July 14th, 2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added the poke

Post Thanks / Like

Im diggin your vintage white...you just gotta love a used MIM!!!
    In my opinion they are the best deal goin!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Strat! That was a good deal. Sometimes those Standard Strats can be really good.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Im diggin your vintage white...you just gotta love a used MIM!!!
    In my opinion they are the best deal goin!
    i agree....even new but last years models are great deals! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of reminds me of a Jimmy Vaughan. I think it has the BWB pickguard though. My 60th MIM has a set of those Tex Mex pickups and they are really nice in that guitar. They would be a nice upgrade.
    I don't know what it is about Vintage White with maple I guess it is that Hendrix vibe. I am always drawn to them.
    Nice score!
    The Blues is alright!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast