Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I wish you guys would stop this, I already have 8 Strats!
    Bah! Not nearly enough.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The Duo-Sonic looks cool..

I really would love to see a cheap Squier Jaguar next time they update their series.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Squier category this remains the one I want, if I ever stop buying other guitars.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/clos...ratDSMPW--Main

I've been saying that for a couple of months now
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    In the Squier category this remains the one I want, if I ever stop buying other guitars.

You might be quite satisfied after getting it but....there is only one way to find out.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be disappointed!
    I keep mine next to the computer, that makes it the first one I grab, when inspiration hits!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Iago`s waiting for the first reviews to come out

I found about this new Squier series a couple days ago and I`ve been spreading the word in some brazilian forums. The people is stocked to check them out. The 50`s strat and the tele are absolute G.A.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    The Duo-Sonic looks cool..

I really would love to see a cheap Squier Jaguar next time they update their series.
    There are new Jazzmaster and Jaguar models from Fender now, under the Classic Series tab. I think they`re the made in Japan ones. If I can remember they`re around 800,00US$

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Any actual sightings of the Classic Vibe series? I have not heard from my dealer yet. It has been about a week now and he said 1.5 to 2 weeks.
    I will make sure I give a detailed run down on them when I get my hands on one.
    I will take my Camera as well.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking axe, 'cept I just can never get used to those "bleached" maple necks Squier uses. C'mon guys, add a little color to 'em!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Sweet looking axe, 'cept I just can never get used to those "bleached" maple necks Squier uses. C'mon guys, add a little color to 'em!
    I'm totally the opposite. One thing I don't like about SX is the heavy amber tint they tend to put on all of their maple necks.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I'm totally the opposite. One thing I don't like about SX is the heavy amber tint they tend to put on all of their maple necks.
    I agree--can definitely be overdone. But there's a nice middle ground between "Squier white" and "SX orange"!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I ended up getting a SX tele, I would consider at least roughing up the finish with some sanding and steel wool, both for feel, and to remove a bit of the honey gloss. I like a honey color, but I don't want it too shiny.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gloss SX

Cool ideal SVL. I might try that on one of mine. Maybe a green scrub pad.

Conversely, I don't think it is as easy to color a white maple fretboard.

Any simple and quick ideas? Completely stripping it is not going to happen here.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Cool ideal SVL. I might try that on one of mine. Maybe a green scrub pad.

Conversely, I don't think it is as easy to color a white maple fretboard.

Any simple and quick ideas? Completely stripping it is not going to happen here.

Duffy
    Oh, there are methods out there for "tinting" a neck, using everything from coffee to shoe polish. But, they're all hit or miss in color, and they wear off easily...usually on your hands.

The easiest way I know of does require pulling the neck and stripping the hardware off. Then you can spray some Guitar Re-Ranch Fender neck amber on the neck, followed by some clear lacquer. Since Guitar Re-Ranch's paint is all aerosol, you wouldn't need any special equipment. From my experience, it takes a lot of the neck amber to get the right tint. Otherwise, it just looks yellow. Mixing your own amber tint in clear lacquer and spraying it through a Pre-Val sprayer, allows you to create a darker tint, thus fewer coats to get the job done. But, that takes just a bit more time and effort (not that much, though).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am no expert there. I would just start slow and finish slower. I guess removing the neck would make it easier, but I hate doing things like that.

I know Spud did a scuff and rub on one of his new necks recently. He might chime in.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you were asking about adding tint. I have no clue there.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That Tele is killing me... I'm just finishing off my MIM Tele project and this is almost the same dan guitar... wish it had come out earlier!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about the Strat..?

{Anybody with} More people getting a Sq Classic Vibe Strats..?

EDIT: Changed "Anybody with" to "More people getting"...
    Last edited by poodlesrule; September 13th, 2008 at 08:52 AM. Reason: heh

Post Thanks / Like

Got both!!
    Very pleased with them both!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12