Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series

Post Thanks / Like

Default GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series

Search samash.com for "Squier Classic Vibe" - they are listed - not yet available. All 4 of them are $299.99 each - $499.99 MSRP.

'50s Tele in Vintage Blonde/Black - Pine
    '60s Strat in 2-Color Sunburst/White - Alder
    '50s P-Bass in Lake Placid Blue/White - Basswood
    '60s J-Bass in Olympic White/Tortoise Shell - Basswood

Yikes! Not yet on the Squier website.

The Tele looks very nice - 9.5" neck, 21-frets, Pine body covered in Vintage Blonde, 5-hole black pickguard, and what appears to be a Vintage style bridge with Brass Saddles and looks string-thru. Pickups are AlNiCo III.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    Search samash.com for "Squier Classic Vibe" - they are listed - not yet available. All 4 of them are $299.99 each - $499.99 MSRP.

'50s Tele in Vintage Blonde/Black - Pine
    '60s Strat in 2-Color Sunburst/White - Alder
    '50s P-Bass in Lake Placid Blue/White - Basswood
    '60s J-Bass in Olympic White/Tortoise Shell - Basswood

Yikes! Not yet on the Squier website.

The Tele looks very nice - 9.5" neck, 21-frets, Pine body covered in Vintage Blonde, 5-hole black pickguard, and what appears to be a Vintage style bridge with Brass Saddles and looks string-thru. Pickups are AlNiCo III.

Gil
    I just went to look at them and they are showing the Tele as 'in stock'??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    I just went to look at them and they are showing the Tele as 'in stock'??
    When I saw the site late last night, they were all not available - this makes it even worse :

Gil

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    When I saw the site late last night, they were all not available - this makes it even worse :

Gil
    I guess we can ask now - when should we expect pictures?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I guess we can ask now - when should we expect pictures?
    Humm - must resist - must wait till Uncle Sam sends me my rebate ! Home expenses come first. Must resist.

Gil

Post Thanks / Like

"GAS never sleeps"! Instant classic (even if borrowed from an old classic...)
    Has to go on my sig line.... How about on a t-shirt! Have we ever done forum t-shirts here? If not, this could be crying to be the first...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this over on the Fender Forum and I was wondering if it is just a sam ashe special edition. I have not seen it on the Squier site yet. I would like to know more about the pickups. They sound like the ones on the Standard seriies. They had the staggered Alnicos as well.
    I really don't need another Strat but you never know.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that Pine Tele is giving me serious GAS. Sheesh, Squier, whydja have to release these when I'm low on fundage?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

About time they put a proper vintage bridge and brass saddles on the Squiers.
    Very very nice, I will add that to my GAS list.

Post Thanks / Like

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Teles sold out!!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they sold IT! You wonder how many they actually have in stock.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news - the following message was posted this morning to a similar thread I had started over at www.fender.com -

Yup, very exciting new series launch and we'll be posting specs and pics on the Squier site early this week.
    Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
    Gil

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Classic Vibe Telecaster® ‘50s

Specs: http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0303025507

And check this out -

Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic® ‘50s

Specs: http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0303050589

Plus the specs and photos are up for 2 Strats, 1 J-Bass, and 2 P-Basses.

Gil

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0303000503

Anyone wanna buy a first born child or something? This would keep me happy for a few years.
    Beautiful.

Just called the GAS station $699 Australian. Sometimes I wish I still had a job.
    Last edited by Tone E; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!

GAS Attack Alert!!

The Tele looks fantastic; just like the early Esquires, and made of pine to boot! :

I believe this line will be the best selling Squier line of guitars, since the Squier 51. As soon as they arrive in Europe, I'm getting a Tele.

The P-Bass (or Tele-bass) in LPB looks gorgeous too!
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Not good. New guitars bad. I.........must.........re........sist........argh!:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Please!...Lash me to the mast that I might hear the Siren's beautiful song, yet be powerless to act upon it...

Just what we, the weak of resolve need....more inexpensive offerings from Squire to feed our GAS fires. It would be one thing if they were just cheaply made starter guitars for kids, but their quality in now well within the boundaries of temptation.

Arrghhh...

Post Thanks / Like

I checked with my tech and he emailed Fender Canada. They have them in stock up here and I have one of the 2 color burst Strats coming in next week. I will report on what it is like. The beauty of this deal is if I don't like it, he will put it in the store for sale. The price is a little higher here and I asked about the pickups. He seems to think they are the same as the Standard so a 100 bucks for tinted neck and stamped saddles seem a little rich.
    He is doing some digging for me with Fender to find out if they are the same as the Standard. I will see what he finds out.
    I wish you guys would stop this, I already have 8 Strats!
    The Blues is alright!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast