Thread: Ever wondered what they really are singing about in church?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever wondered what they really are singing about in church?

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant! Absolutely marvellous! That's the second time I've watched Songs of Praise and not turned it off (the other time, there was a metal-head in the crowd wearing all black and just staring into the camera with a cheeky smile the whole time. It was really funny!)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! That's a nice hymn! Still funny though. If only the British could speak English! *ducks*
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Hey! That's a nice hymn! Still funny though. If only the British could speak English! *ducks*
    *throws a drumstick*

I'm not British, but I thought I would anyway (just for a laugh)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    And if only Americans could spell it, what do you guys do with all those left over u's???
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    And if only Americans could spell it, what do you guys do with all those left over u's???
    The same thing we do with all those 're' words (centre, metre). . . Nothing. English people are lazy

Post Thanks / Like

You "other" English speakers have been causing me a lot of grief. Having observed your "proper" usage of the letter "u" in spelling, I've gotten into this bad habit of spelling words in that fashion. Not all the time, mind you, but rather haphazardly, which if far worse. Now instead of happily spelling words like "color", "behavior", and "harbor" in their accepted American English forms, I find myself throwing in the occasional "colour", "behaviour", and "harbour". When I combine the two forms as in. The colour of the water in the harbor..., it looks as though English might be my second language.

Just what I need...a spelling check to correct my proper use of English words. I'm so confused...

You guys are a terrible influence.....

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! My cheeks hurt from laughing.

Engrish, hah.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    You guys are a terrible influence.....
    I'm not English!!!

In any case, the reason that words are spelled 'aluminium' (pronounced - al-yoo-min-ee-um - bloody English people are always giving me jipp over that bloody word), 'colour', 'centre', etc. is to stay true to the words' etymological roots of Germanic, Norwegian, Latin/French, and Celtic origins.

American English spells words out more phonetically.

Either is correct, but Microsoft Word installed with an American English dictionary will put squiggly lines under the colours of your text, so to say.

You only start speaking British English when you refer to highways as motorways, cookies as biscuits, chips as crisps, and fries as chips, asking someone ' 'Ow be on, mush?' or using Cockney Rhyming Slang (up the apple and pears = stairs, having a bubble bath = laugh(some dialects pronounce 'th' at the end of words as 'f' so bath and laugh rhyme))

I'm cursed, I swear. To Americans I'm British and to British I'm Americans. Anyone ever heard of Captain Nemo? (not from '20,000 Leagues. . .')

Oh well. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Engrish, hah.
    And Engrish is the term given to the accents of people from the Far East who learn English.

'Wou' yu rike to buy a Lorex for fi-teen dah-rah?'

huh, huh. . .

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Have mercy guys. You killing me with laughter!!!!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Mwaaaahahahahaha, priceless!!!

OT: Superswede, six more days and counting. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    OT: Superswede, six more days and counting. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?
    I dont have a clue ...