Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Area 61/67/67 Video

Thread: Area 61/67/67 Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Area 61/67/67 Video

Sounds pretty sweet to me--tones from a Strat with the Dimarzio Area 61 at the bridge and Area 67 in the middle and neck.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That's a sweet guitar and nice tone, too!

I hate his accent, though. I can't remember what the exact term is, but he ends every sentence like it was a question. . . It's really annoying!

Thanks for sharing, Marnold? Those pickups seem sweet? I may have to check them out when I eventually buy a Standard Strat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds very, very nice! I sure wish I could jump up to that playing level right now.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I think that guy's actually played one of them there GEETARS before!!! :

I think maybe I'll sell mine now and save myself any further embarrassment.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice tones. That's Jack Zucker, he's a good guy who hangs out on some other famous forums. Not on the fret though.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Nice tones. That's Jack Zucker, he's a good guy who hangs out on some other famous forums. Not on the fret though.
    Yep, I remember first seeing Jack's posts on Usenet (rec.music.makers.guitar and alt.guitar) in the 90's. Real nice guy and a great player. Aka: JAZ

http://www.sheetsofsound.net/

Great demo on the pickups, but he can make anything sound fantastic.

Cheers and HTH,

Post Thanks / Like

Great sounds.. I havent had a Dimarzio pickup for a lot of years..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Nice sounding p'ups, and Mr. Zucker can surely play. These are the p'ups that I have in mind for a second Strat, when I get around to buying one.

Anybody notice the second OD pedal he kicked in for more drive? It was Geek MacDaddy's (a.k.a. Jeff Rubin) "Geek Screamer", a boutique TS clone built on the same BYOC PCB that I've used in my ZYS's. Jeff is one of the Mods over at the BYOC forums, and a super-helpful guy. Pic of the Geek Screamer, an eye-catching pedal, to say the least:

Very nice pedal, well made. Of course, it has nowhere near the sonic flexibility of the ZYS, and it goes for $300--but it has a much better decal/paint job. But I digress....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is truly one of the ugliest pedals on the market!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

This guy does sound like a great player--same thing with the Harry Jacobson clip I posted in the other thread.

Having said that, one thing that torques me is when you talk about noiseless pickups and some pompous @$$ immediately says, "Noiseless = toneless." I double-dog-dare anyone to watch that video and describe those pickups as toneless.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the looks of that thing, has a Seattle, U-District vibe to its look, though if I were buying, I'd go ZYS, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Nice sounding p'ups, and Mr. Zucker can surely play. These are the p'ups that I have in mind for a second Strat, when I get around to buying one.

Anybody notice the second OD pedal he kicked in for more drive? It was Geek MacDaddy's (a.k.a. Jeff Rubin) "Geek Screamer", a boutique TS clone built on the same BYOC PCB that I've used in my ZYS's. Jeff is one of the Mods over at the BYOC forums, and a super-helpful guy. Pic of the Geek Screamer, an eye-catching pedal, to say the least:

Very nice pedal, well made. Of course, it has nowhere near the sonic flexibility of the ZYS, and it goes for $300--but it has a much better decal/paint job. But I digress....
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering 2 Area 67's in my fender duo-sonic for hendrix-like tones.the guy at my guitar shop put tex mex in them when he hot rodded it last (no wonder i'm unhappy with the tone).
    Rip Dimebag Darrell,Stevie Ray Vaughan,and Randy Rhoads.