Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peavey Vypyr coming soon

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Peavey Vypyr coming soon

My buddy who runs the local store was showing me the brochures for the new Vypyr amps from Peavey. They are quite inexpensive.

Read more details:
    http://www.peavey.com/news/article.c...7/20081701.cfm

They are modeling amps, and will compete with Vox, Fender, Roland, Line 6, etc. Since the price is low on these amps, the competition between these brands of modeling amps is going to be more fierce than ever. That is, if these amps sound any good. I don't know yet, but Peavey seems to know how to make good amps.

With double the processing power, models and effects of competitive modeling amplifiers, the VYPYR Series dramatically redefines the power and scope of modern guitar amplification. VYPYR amplifiers are based on powerful 32-bit, floating-point SHARC processors that enable highly detailed, accurate modeling as well as vastly enhanced flexibility and features than ever before available in guitar amplification.

Featuring 24 amp channel models—both the clean and distorted channels of 12 popular amps for the first time anywhere—plus 11 editable preamp “stomp box” effects and 11 editable post-amp “rack” effects with dual-parameter control. Players can use up to five effects simultaneously. When used with the optional Peavey Sanpera™ foot controller, the possibilities further expand from 12 in-amp presets to 400 programmable presets, with an on-board looper and more. The VYPYR also acts as its own computer audio interface, with a built-in studio-quality USB 2.0 output on most models that is recognized by computers as an audio device. The entire six-model VYPYR Series features the e
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Those will compete with the Vox series when I go to get one for my son to replace his Aria/Fullerton strat pack one.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really interested in trying one of these out! Peavey makes good stuff.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Those are way affordable and did you notice....an on board looper.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they could be the Line 6 and Vox Valvetronix killer!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, since Derek is fired up to keep playing and will need something better than the little thing included with the Fullerton, I went and looked at these more. The Vypyr 30 looks a good fit, but adding a 6L6 tube in the Vypyr 60 makes it tempting. We will have to see about the street price. It also saves on buying another looper and pedal tuner since those are onboard, plus you figure at least some of the effects will be decent. Oh, oh, son induced GAS. He just really likes the cool logo.

He played through the vox AD that is a 2x12, but complained that it buzzed. Must be a bad unit. Then he told me a Marshall would be ok. LOL!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    An additional $250 for the tube 60.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Vypyr60

I like the idea of a digitally modelled preamp together with a tube power amph.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

those vypers definitely look interesting....like i need another amph....i live in a condo and usually play my rp250 through headphones....but still....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

They are dirt cheap - why not get one anyway? It's not about what we need, it's about eating what GAS feeds us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For a kid amph, I am thinking the 30 beats the Vox AD30VT at that price point. My wife will think that is a lot to spend on an amph for him anyway. Well, we will see.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    An additional $250 for the tube 60.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Vypyr60

I like the idea of a digitally modelled preamp together with a tube power amph.
    yeah, but only if your going to drive it into power tube distortion, otherwise I'd reverse that and say a warm tube preamp into clean solid state power amp might be a better option. I'm on that bandwagon again after a mate decided that the best "crunch" he could get for recording his new prog metal cd came not from his JCM900 and vintage marshall cab, but from a JMP into the desk...

But aaaaaaaanyway

+1 Peavey. I have the Ultra112 60W tube combo and it's been great! In 10 or more years all it's needed has been a set of Sovtek 6L6's and a fuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    yeah, but only if your going to drive it into power tube distortion, otherwise I'd reverse that and say a warm tube preamp into clean solid state power amp might be a better option. I'm on that bandwagon again after a mate decided that the best "crunch" he could get for recording his new prog metal cd came not from his JCM900 and vintage marshall cab, but from a JMP into the desk...
    Not necessarliy so, I like tube amph cleans.

A well known method is to run pedals into a tube amph set clean.

On the other hand, in the above set-up the pedals are pushing the tube preamph.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

demo on youtube

- Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, I'll admit it. I drooled a little. I love how easily and with real knobs you can edit the stompbox parameters. I just have a hard time with led displays and up and down buttons. Knobs are better. Also, there seemed to be a nice variety of sounds. Cool!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Many of my mates are on-line for the Tube120 2X12 version of this Vypyr... good news for the retailer that offers best-deal on these.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice cleans & sounds in general.

They need to do another demo without all the noise in the background.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is another vid from gearwire, interview with a sales guy going through features, and a guy playing a bit.

http://www.gearwire.com/peavey-elect...iper-amps.html
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when these Vypyrs are due to hit the stores?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast