Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Strat wiring...PLEASE HELP!!!

Thread: Strat wiring...PLEASE HELP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strat wiring...PLEASE HELP!!!

So, im really breaking my head here...please help me figure this out:

I have a fat strat with a 3-way toggle. I used to have 3 single coils in it, and everyhthing was fine. But one day i decided to replace the pickguard with an HSS configuration and install a dimarzio tone zone humbucker instead of the bridge single coil.
    Ever since than no matter how i solder it i cant get the tone pots to affect the humbucker. Any ideas???

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Barabas.

Most Strats don't have tone control on the bridge pickup. There may be some out there that do(including yours), but a typical Strat doesn't. Some folks here have modded theirs so they don't have the tone control on the middle pickup in favour of the bridge. A quick search and you should be able to find the thread.

Why not stop by the Fret Players section and give yourself a proper introduction to the folks. : There is a vast amount of knowledge and help to be had here.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. If you say strats dont usually have bridge tone adjustment than that pretty much solves my problem. I was sure i was missing something.:

anyways, thanks again

and by the way, Seymour is already my friend

Post Thanks / Like

A simple piece of wire and a few solders and your in!!

Move the r2 tonepot wire over one notch to the right and solder.(red wire in diagram,just desolder white wire at post and resolder to post to the right ) You will have bridge tone cntrl just no middle control which I hate anyways. Another way is to solder a small value cap .005, or .0047 or similair small value between the two terminals.You will have all/normal tone options in four out of 5 switch positions.When you switch to bridge you will have tone control using the middle tone pot. Make sure it is a small value cap :

Last edited by mrmudcat; June 4th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

resoldered it according to your schematic mrmudcat. Works perfectly.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

No problem........as mentioned grab a bear and introduce yourself in the players section!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    No problem........as mentioned grab a bear and introduce yourself in the players section!!
    Be sure to introduce yourself before you grab one of these guys.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Be sure to introduce yourself before you grab one of these guys.

Or at least buy dinner first! ... and remember, No means No!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Oh crap pain pill must of kicked in

Disclaimer: Do not grab a bear until you grab atleast a case of beers! Or a nice salmon dinner as suggested for said bear!
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Ya' lookin' for Griz, are ya' pilgrim?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bloozcat... is this your brother?
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

careful with the bears

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Hey Bloozcat... is this your brother?
    No, sister...

I got a rough family....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    No, sister...

I got a rough family....
    Touche'
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    No, sister...

I got a rough family....

:

All I can think of is that monkey sex pop song.Dont know the name or so called artist but its stuck in my head .That is not a good thing:
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Don't do like the old joke about the Texan who went to Alaska and was told that to be a real man, he had to a) drink a fifth of whiskey in pull, b) rape an Eskimo woman, and c) hogtie a grizzly bear. He said, "NO problem!" and grabbed the nearest whiskey bottle and emptied it right there. He then tore out the door and was gone for almost an hour when he staggered back in all scratched and bruised and bloody. He then asked, "Where's that Eskimo woman you want hogtied?"