Thread: What is this?

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this?

I want to buy a Squire Standard Strat serial number IC0501017737.

It is satin finish see thru, trans I guess, sss, rosewood neck, large paddle headstock painted, crimson red body, duncan designe single coils, two point trem. Really nice and I can get it for 150.

The closest thing I can find is a HSS.

Does anyone have any idea what this guitar is and if it is mahagony or basswood?

Is there any way to view the '05 Squire Catalog?

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    I want to buy a Squire Standard Strat serial number IC0501017737.

It is satin finish see thru, trans I guess, sss, rosewood neck, large paddle headstock painted, crimson red body, duncan designe single coils, two point trem. Really nice and I can get it for 150.

The closest thing I can find is a HSS.

Does anyone have any idea what this guitar is and if it is mahagony or basswood?

Is there any way to view the '05 Squire Catalog?

Duffy
    I'm not sure if they have one, but did you check the Squier/Fender site to see if they have an achieve?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is agathis and the body is a bit thinner than a standard Fender Strat. Should have alnico pickups in it and probably will need some attention to fret sprout. $150 isn't bad if it is in good shape but for just a little more you can have this

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=7337

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Archive

They have an article archive I found. But no relevant info. Seems Squire takes a backseat in dating, etc. Couldn't find a dating section either. An old catalog would be nice but I can't find one.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

From my 2006 Squier Price List

Satin transparent finishes. Humbucker models have solid mahogany bodies and Seymour Duncan Designed pickups.

032-1630 Satin Trans Stratocaster, Rosewood
    501 White Blonde w/ Tortise PG
    520 Amber w/ Tortise PG
    507 Wine Transparent w/ BWB PG

032-1730 Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster, Rosewood
    538 Crimson Trans
    550 Honey
    592 Walnut Stain

032-1830 Satin Trans 2HB Stratocaster, Rosewood
    522 Sunset Orange Trans
    538 Crimson Trans
    539 Ebony Trans

It doesn't say what the Single Coil model is made of.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default What it is.

Thanks for the ideas. I went up and looked at it closely and refreshed my memory.

What it is:

A trans satin HH Squire strat standard with mahogany body, two point trem, one vol and two tone controls, duncan designed buckers.

Super great sounding, feeling. In perfect shape, perfect shape for sure. Used but you can't really tell. Played it for a couple hours at the store and put a down payment on it. Now I will be scrounging around to get the cash together to get it home as soon as possible. Anyway, I sealed the deal and it's waiting for its new owner and home.

This thing is really nice in my opinion.

Anyone else really like this mahogany body Squire strat HH that wants to share their observations?

Comments appreciated. It's crimson transparent with the canoe paddle headstock and a thinner strat body. Not heavier than a regular strat I don't think.

Duffy

A mahogany strat just plain sounds like a neat thing. Plus I don't have a strat style with twin HB's, other than my Schecter Omen 6 that's quite different and not as strat sounding, plus doesn't have a tremolo. I'm starting to use the trem, esp. with light downward palm or finger taps to give a subtle trem effect.

Any experiences with this guitar that you might want to share are appreciated; advice, what to watch out for or change, any ideas are definitely appreciated. This guitar is like brand new. No scratches on the back or signs of wear at all.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.