I have been having an awful time trying to get my “G” string intonation just right. I must have adjusted it 20 or mores times. The other 5 strings are dead on.

I was having a major problem with playing open chords. I would tune the “G” string to be in tune. When I strummed the open “C” chord, it would sound as it should. When I strummed the open “D” chord, the “G” string would be too high causing a terrible sounding chord..

So now I would purposely tune down the “G” string to be slightly flat. When strumming the open “D” chord it would sound as it should. But when strumming the open “C” chord, well you know the out come.

As mention above, I worked the “G” string intonation many times without success. A couple days ago was checking out my action. It was set a little higher than normal (between 6/64ths and 7/64ths). I am an aggressive player and low action gives me string buzz.

So I decided to lower the action to 5/64ths. I went back to check all 6 string’s intonation. I was very shocked to find the “G” string with correct intonation.

My question is, has anybody have experienced with high action causing intonation problems?

I have also discovered that lowering the action improved the overall tone coming from the HB pups. The tone is cleaner than before when the action was slightly higher.