Default Drop d tunning

Hi I was wondering when you tune a guitar to drop d what becomes what ie
    E ?
    A ?
    D ?
    G ?
    b ?
    e ?
    also what other tunning are there ( most common )
    Thanks
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

Here brother this should suffice.(sorry for the quick way out ).I am not feeling well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_tuning
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert in this field, so check these out:
    http://www.google.com/search?source=...=Google+Search

If you already did that, other can provide some input.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I was wondering when you tune a guitar to drop d what becomes what ie
    Drop-D is just DADGBE, low to high. Very nice for playing in D because it gives you a full scale in your lowest octave, and you can do one-finger power chords too.

also what other tunning are there ( most common )
    Thanks
    There are many, many different ways to tune a guitar. Some other tunings I like are DADGAD, DADGBD, and CGCGCD. Martin Carthy uses a very cool relative of DADGAD tuning that I'd like to spend some more time with: CGCDGA. That has the same intervals on the middle four strings as the top four strings of DADGAD. You could also think of it as a cello with an extra C string between the second and third strings and an A on top.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Here brother this should suffice.(sorry for the quick way out ).I am not feeling well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_tuning
    Hi thanks for that hope you get better
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to strum and Ro3b to they got it covered!!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Martin Carthy uses a very cool relative of DADGAD tuning that I'd like to spend some more time with: CGCDGA.
    Yes, but Carthy spends about half his set retuning. I always thought that when Martin (guitars) wanted advertising material, his 000-18 was the guitar the ought to use to say "look what our guitars can put up with" . It's only fitting they made him a signature model.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience