Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Squier II

Thread: Squier II

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier II

What is Squier II? I was in a store today and I noticed two hanging on the wall. What does it signify, if anything?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez, I went to the squier section at Fender and no one has answered it (I know DVM, I'm impatient).

I did a Google and couldn't find a definite answer there either.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I think I read that Squier IIs were made in Korea, with plywood bodies, and that quality was hit or miss.

Spud has more Squiers than anyone... Am I wrong on this one???????
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default '08 Squire II Custom Telecaster w P90's

My '08 Squire II Custom tele w P90's is made in Indonesia as indicated on the rear of the headstock, not Korea. It is a superior sounding instrument with noise cancelling in the middle position, something a lot of two P90 guitars don't have. It sounds super great and powerful with really clean highs and deep full lows. They are not quiet, individually like buckers but they are P90's.

Mine is black w black pickguard. Two tone and two vol. This makes it very versatile. Just playing it. Really handles distortion well and the multipedal gets some sounds to the Super Champ XD on voice 8 full gain that are really cool. I'm using the program 8 on the Korg AX5G with the wah activated, not auto wah, but I position the pedal to get a desired sound. Really sounds cool and rips the blues. Even adds a new sound to songs like "Helpless".

I played a Squire strat with rails, the new one, and it also sounds unreal. Squire is making some very good guitars, seemingly. I'm not a pro like a lot of you are, but my ear and feel is definitely developing. GAS is a problem as you all know but these are really nice guitars.

I also got a G & L ASAT Classic semi hollow Tribute recently, an '07 I traded a '07 Fender Hwy One sss for straight up to a semi professional continuously gigging muscian about my age around here. He plays blues and rock. The G & L Tribute is really special sounding with those new pickups that Leo Fender designed. I still have a Fat strat Hwy One '07 wine red that I really like and it sounds really good, as you can imagine.

I have to figure out how to post sound clips.

The Squire II Custom P90's is really cool looking, feeling, playing, and sounding. P90's are definitely neat.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    My '08 Squire II Custom tele w P90's is made in Indonesia as indicated on the rear of the headstock, not Korea. It is a superior sounding instrument with noise cancelling in the middle position, something a lot of two P90 guitars don't have. It sounds super great and powerful with really clean highs and deep full lows. They are not quiet, individually like buckers but they are P90's.

Mine is black w black pickguard. Two tone and two vol. This makes it very versatile. Just playing it. Really handles distortion well and the multipedal gets some sounds to the Super Champ XD on voice 8 full gain that are really cool. I'm using the program 8 on the Korg AX5G with the wah activated, not auto wah, but I position the pedal to get a desired sound. Really sounds cool and rips the blues. Even adds a new sound to songs like "Helpless".

I played a Squire strat with rails, the new one, and it also sounds unreal. Squire is making some very good guitars, seemingly. I'm not a pro like a lot of you are, but my ear and feel is definitely developing. GAS is a problem as you all know but these are really nice guitars.

I also got a G & L ASAT Classic semi hollow Tribute recently, an '07 I traded a '07 Fender Hwy One sss for straight up to a semi professional continuously gigging muscian about my age around here. He plays blues and rock. The G & L Tribute is really special sounding with those new pickups that Leo Fender designed. I still have a Fat strat Hwy One '07 wine red that I really like and it sounds really good, as you can imagine.

I have to figure out how to post sound clips.

The Squire II Custom P90's is really cool looking, feeling, playing, and sounding. P90's are definitely neat.

Duffy
    Actually that's probably not what the OP was talking about. The P-90 Tele you have is called the Squier Telecaster Custom II. The "II" is to distinguish it from the humucker version of the same guitar. I've heard fairly uniform good things about those Squiers. It is not a Squier II.

As Katastrophe noted above, Squier II's were a line of MIK Squiers some time ago, back in the 80's iirc. I had one of their Strats. I don't know if it was made of plywood, but mine was not a very good guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one on ebay that the seller has as a Deluxe, but I know it was made in Korea. I would be surprised if a Deluxe is made of plywood.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=001
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Here's one on ebay that the seller has as a Deluxe, but I know it was made in Korea. I would be surprised if a Deluxe is made of plywood.

Other than the seller calling it a "Deluxe," what makes it so? It's not marked as such.

I don't know what Squier II's were made of, only that mine wasn't a very good guitar. Maybe I got a dog out of a generally good line.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing it will close at $105.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed the E is wound incorrectly.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing it will close at $105.
    Sold for $112.50 in a flurry of bids in the last 1.5 minutes.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

You may be better off having lost this one, Strum--don't like the look of the seller's feedback. One negative and one "private" out of 5 transactions this year? Fishy....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    You may be better off having lost this one, Strum--don't like the look of the seller's feedback. One negative and one "private" out of 5 transactions this year? Fishy....
    I threw a bid in earlier today when it was around $70 or $80 to see if someone had an automatic higher bid. I wasn't really too interested in the guitar or divorce. I e-mailed the seller about his rating and he had a run in with a customer that was using closed e-mail account and caused a communication problem.
    Mark

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Right

I was wrong. Mine is a Squier Telecaster Custom II. It is a neat guitar and sounds really good. I have another dual P90 SX LP Jr type set neck mahogany neck and body that sounds good too, but I'd say the Squire sounds better.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)