Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Father's day weekend y'all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Father's day weekend y'all!

The boy took the day off work and got in this afternoon, so I left work early. Hope all of the Father's out there have a great weekend and enjoy some time with the kids.

By the way R of G, any word on that new guit from your new baby?:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Back at you Shiner, enjoy the time with the son. Kodiak and I had our vacation two weekends ago and really enjoyed that time. Well wishes to all Dad's.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone getting a guitar this Father's Day? Either as a gift from someone or giving a gift to them self?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Anyone getting a guitar this Father's Day? Either as a gift from someone or giving a gift to them self?
    Well, I did, but I turned around and sold it. Instead, I bought myself a Seymour Duncan Hot P90 to go in my Washbrn Idol. It was OK before, but now it totally RAWKS!!!

Happy Fathers Day to me and all the other Dads out there! :

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Well, I did, but I turned around and sold it. Instead, I bought myself a Seymour Duncan Hot P90 to go in my Washbrn Idol. It was OK before, but now it totally RAWKS!!!

Happy Fathers Day to me and all the other Dads out there! :

PICS
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

PICS
    It's the black Idol in my avatar. I posted a couple of pics a while back when I got her. Look in the "Other Brands" forum. The new pickup looks exactly like the old one, so the wife won't know anything's different (other than sounding better!).

One of these days, I'll post some pics of all my guitfiddles. Happy Father's Day to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    The new pickup looks exactly like the old one, so the wife won't know anything's different (other than sounding better!).
    If that works, just buy only black guitars and only take one out at a time and she won't know anything is different
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    By the way R of G, any word on that new guit from your new baby?:
    I'm not holding my breath or anything
    She has given me all kinds of inspiration to play music for her though.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first Father's Day since losing my dad a couple of months ago. If you still have yours, give him a big hug, will ya?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Helliott, my deepest condolences...

Happy Father's Day to all of you!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    This is my first Father's Day since losing my dad a couple of months ago. If you still have yours, give him a big hug, will ya?
    I lost mine 3 years ago the day after Easter. I still miss him, especially on Father's Day. I won't promise you that you'll get over it, but it will get a little easier as time goes on. You'll definitely be in my prayers, brother.

Helliott's right! If your Dad is still around, take this opportunity to give him a hug and please tell him that you love him! Don't let that macho crap get in the way of doing so! God bless all the Fathers out there!

Post Thanks / Like

kids (9 & 11) are in the kitchen making me breakfast :

i'm afraid to go look in there!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

ww
    Kids 16 and 18 are still sleeping.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

ww
    well the kitchen survived....had a nice breakfast of eggs and toast! took a little longer to clean up than usual but it's all good!! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

well the kitchen survived....had a nice breakfast of eggs and toast! took a little longer to clean up than usual but it's all good!! :

ww
    I should have come down to your house, I'm starving. I could have ate and been back here before my two wake up. Well, one has to get up for work shortly - revenge is mine.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, mine had to work at 5 this morning. Heading out to lunch for Dad's day now. He gave me the new REM album for a gift! Cool, eh?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

my kids gave me some really cool gifts.....

a certificate that certifies i'm "the greatest dad on earth"....

a nice card....

and coupons from both for excellent things like....

washing my car
    making breakfast
    cleaning their rooms
    hour of free time
    and more!

much better than anything that could have been bought at a store :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Father's Day

Yeah, mine is struggling to waken as I type. Of course, the fact that Baby Cobra is still pain free, can walk and later on give me a hug is the best gift of all considering she hasn't been able to touch or be touched for the previous 4.5 years. God Bless German ingenuity for figuring out that if ya give someone massive amounts of ketamine, that it can re-boot the brain to get past the pain.
    Yes, this also has a more important aspect too as some of our soldiers are coming back from Iraq with this and DUH...the government wink-winks it way right past the poor guys and gals who served for this country.

Post Thanks / Like

My kids all gave me cards they made. I suppose you can count my Screamin' Demon as a gift, but that isn't in yet. Had the service this morning and then settled down to play the Civilization: Revolution demo on the PS3. They should just rename that game "crack."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast