Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SG No Longer for Sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SG No Longer for Sale

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sg - SOLD

I've decided to let my Epi SG go, but I won't be posting any additional info and/or additional pics until sometime tomorrow.

These are some crappy pics to get an idea of what is for sale.

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

2. June 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM

Reason
    posted twice

Post Thanks / Like

Strum, I think there's a rule that you gotta keep em at least long enough to get some fingerprints on em!

How ever did you hang on to one wife for 21 years?!?:
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Strum, I think there's a rule that you gotta keep em at least long enough to get some fingerprints on em!
    This thing is like new. I purchased it, played it for a month and then switched to acoustic. When I switched back to electric, I bought the Ibanez, then I got the Dot, then..., I think I took the SG out once or twice since switching back. It's a nice guitar, well cared for, but I am caught up in the others.

How ever did you hang on to one wife for 21 years?!?:
    1) Selling a guitar takes away most of the punch.

2) If I knew, I would write a book and have a lot more guitars and start focusing on amps.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, some better photos and info.

It's an SG G400. They are selling at Music123 and Sweetwater for $350 without a case.

This guitar has no scratches, dents, and/or dings, anything you see in the photos that appears to be a scratch is most likely reflection - this sucker shines.

I really haven't played it much and to be honest I took it out today and it sounds sweet. I may put the Ibanez and the SG up for sale and keep which ever one doesn't sell.

# Color: Cherry
    # Body Wood: Mahogany
    # Neck Wood: Mahogany (set)
    # Fingerboard: Rosewood
    # Scale length: 24.75" 1.68"
    # Position Markers: Trapezoid
    # Number of Frets: 22
    # Pickups 2-Alnico-V HB's
    # Controls: 2 volume, 2 Tone
    # Pickup Switching: 3-way selector
    # Hardware: Chrome
    # Bridge/Tailpiece: Stopbar

Only flaw is the 3 way switch will crackle when first used, but seems to stop after it's been moved a couple of times. It doesn't cause a short where a setting goes dead, but makes the crackle noise through the amp when switch is moving.

Action is set to my liking, but that is something that is subjective on individual taste.

Tomorrow I will put it on E-bay. On E-bay it will probably be $300 to $310 "buy it now", and reserve that I haven't decided on.

At the moment I have a fretter that is considering it and they will have first grabs at it. If you are interested, PM me. If you have questions about the guitar, ask them here so that everyone shares in the info.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I have an SG to go too but I'll wait till you get yours sold off.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket - Go ahead and post now, choices are good.

Fretters - If you are interested, send me a best offer and I will consider it. Make them serious, no trades, no ex-wives, but if it's a serious offer all I can say is no. Nothing can insult me or hurt my feelings.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Took it off the market. I was informed that it is Korean made and for now I took it off the market.

So now I put the Ibanez ARC300 up for sale. Someone convinced me that was the better choice to sell, so we shall see.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Took it off the market. I was informed that it is Korean made and for now I took it off the market.

So now I put the Ibanez ARC300 up for sale. Someone convinced me that was the better choice to sell, so we shall see.
    and what might you be asking for that gem?
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player
    and what might you be asking for that gem?
    Well, it's over $300 and a Buy It Now is at $375 (free shipping with Buy It Now). The guitars when they were available were selling for $400, I never saw them for less. You can't locate any in the web stores that I have looked at and used ones are just as scarce.

You can read my ad that I just posted about an hour ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300_W0...QQcmdZViewItem
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

curious as to why this made you take it off the market....

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    curious as to why this made you take it off the market....

ww

Better value in the long run. I started playing it yesterday and it warmed my heart with nice tone and memories. I have it tuned a Eb and it sounds nice. Putting the ARC up in its place was not an easy decision either, but one has to go out of necessity.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

oic...i want an sg with p-90's but don't have the bucks right now

i bet that arc is a nice guitar....i really like my artcore jazz box!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I also figure if I keep the SG, that is sort of like having an entry level guitar with points. Although modest as they might be, it allows me to have conversation with Matt (Reverend Rawk).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it.

Where did you think it was made at?
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    I don't get it.

Where did you think it was made at?
    China was what I thought. I had nothing on it to identify where it was made, but a friend sent me a serial number search page for Fender, Gibson and Epiphone.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

China was what I thought. I had nothing on it to identify where it was made, but a friend sent me a serial number search page for Fender, Gibson and Epiphone.
    Oh yeah, that's right. They started making 'em in China some time ago. :
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, not only am I impatient, I am known to change my mind quickly. I have decided that this will be going back on eBay either tomorrow or Friday.

The buy it now is $320 and the secret reserve is still just that - a secret.

Change in the eBay ad will be be the made in....

I noted China, but it is actually:

guitar was made at the
    Unsung Plant, Korea
    July 2005
    Production Number: 1759
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

so are you going to keep the ibanez or are you selling them both?

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    so are you going to keep the ibanez or are you selling them both?

ww
    Both.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast