Thread: Who likes the Blue Collar Comedy guys?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who likes the Blue Collar Comedy guys?

I think these guys are hilarious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Collar_Comedy_Tour

It would be a blast to seem them live. I just watched them on TV tonight.

Anyone else here enjoy these guys? Larry the Cable Guy is the best (or the stupidiest?). I bet he's a real smart guy in reality though. Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" stuff is pretty awesome too.

I have a feeling, this type of comedy isn't manifactured anywhere outside the (southern) US ...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

larry the cable guy used to be on a local radio show here before he "made it"....still has a lot of property here....

as for the blue comedy tour ron white is my favorite!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I like them all! Some days, I think Engvall's the funniest, sometimes it's White, etc., etc., just depends what mood I'm in. I enjoy watching them, but the wife's not thrilled with Larry or Ron and you certainly can't have kids in the room. But you're right, only good ole boys could come up with some of the mess that they do. What's funniest to me is that a lot of what and who they're talking about sounds scarily way too familiar. Not only do I know people like that, but I'm kin to most of 'em! Been guilty of some of the stuff myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I gotta admit I like 'em. And I also have to agree with Robert (even though I hate to: ), this stuff comes straight from the South. That's part of what makes them so funny. I can't watch a show without saying "I did that once" or "I know someone who did that once" at some point.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

"Mah sester is covered wit' moles."

I probably enjoy them far more than a well-educated Northerner should. Conversely, I know they make a lot of self-important people cringe, which is all the more reason to like them.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever used a barstool for a walker...
    You might be a redneck.

They are making fun of themselves, which takes some gut. That's why I like them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry's "Git 'er done" is pretty much part of the local lexicon here.

My favorite line from Ron "Tater Salad" White:

Police officer: Mr. White, we are charging you with Drunk In Public.

Tater: I was drunk in a bar - they THREW me into "Public!":

It just goes to show you, that Redneck is Universal, and crosses all boundaries!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Like 'em a lot. But you can OD on them. We were at a cottage last summer and the weather was iffy, so the hosts threw on the rednecks on tour dvd -- repeatedly. It's funny, but kinda grates after the fourth or fifth playing. Then again, what doesn't (SRV and Hendrix exempted).
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Those guys are great, and they all bring something different to comedy. Larry the Cable Guy has his crude humor, Engvall with his "here's your sign", Foxworthy is funnier now than he ever was, but my favorite by far is Ron White. His dry, sarcastic humor cracks me up every time.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.