Thread: Just a minor case of the blues BT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a minor case of the blues BT

Homemade BT is PRS/Mesa/Squier bass/Boss drums.
    http://www.box.net/shared/aulo1a9wkc
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for posting that! I have a number of bluesy backing tracks that I like to practice with, but none that sound quite like that.

Can I ask a noob favour though? For those of us (OK maybe it's just me) that are beginners, any chance you could mention what key the BT is in, or alternatively, what key/s you had in mind for lead when you put the BT together?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Helliot, another nice post. I'm letting it repeat while I relax.:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, both of you. No problem noting key, but I don't want to give you too much information -- half the fun and learning is experimenting. The key is Bm. You could start your scale noodling with a B, but many other starting points work well, too. Just keep moving your fingers around.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Helliot For some reason most of the BT I have are in G so it'll be nice to break out of that box and try something different!

(although my brain says...Oooooh minor, more Pentatonic noodling!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome backing track!

Thanks for sharing this one Helliot!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing this excellent backing track. Great job:

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Helliot, nice job, very relaxing licks on that tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude that was a great BT! Awsome! man!
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to
    Eric Clapton - Jonny Lang - Eric Johnson - Paul Gilbert
    Albert King - BB King - David Gilmour - Joe Bonamassa

and all other guitarheroes out there!