Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50's Vibe Tele is in the house

Post Thanks / Like

Default 50's Vibe Tele is in the house

This is just a short blurb till I get pics together.

All I can say, without repeating what others have said, is that this is the first guitar I've bought in 3 years that I havn't felt the need to change something on it because it didn't fall in line with rhe way I wanted it.

As an example, I took my Deluxe and changed the saddles, tuners and nut!

It didn't need the changes, I just needed to make the changes so it would fit the way I wanted it to be. Havn't put it up since I got it!
    Till now!
    I have not put this tele down, in my free time, since I got it yesterday.
    I'm even playing it with the 9s still on it.
    I have a Fender Lite Ash that was my favorite Tele, after a few changes.
    The sound of this beast's pickups beats the SDs on that Lite Ash hands down!
    The look, feel and sound make me want to keep playing it till I'm runnin' late for work and forgeting my lunch. And I've only had it for 2 days!

I've modded necks to get the look and feel that this one comes with, stock!
    I've swapped out pickups to get the sound that this one has, stock!
    The trick with the pickups is to adjust thier hights and find the right balance.
    By the way, the body has a route for a neck humbucker.

If you havn't figured it out yet, this Squier, is the Tele I've always wanted.
    Even the finish and color is perfect!
    I'll put up more after I take some pictures of her.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice! Goes on the list. That is my long range hunting plan, Agile epi probably first, then with the money I save over getting the Epi Ultra II for a Paul, set up the shot for a Squire tele.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless
    By the way, the body has a route for a neck humbucker.
    Congrats Dauntless. It's nice to see manufacturer's paying attention by making the perenial favourite neck bucker mod, a simple one to do. :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Squiers getting better and better all the time.. I wonder how long until they realize that their current offerings match the quality of the mexicans..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Squiers getting better and better all the time.. I wonder how long until they realize that their current offerings match the quality of the mexicans..
    In my opinion, it surpasses the Mexican Fenders.
    I almost bought a Mexican 50's Tele, it felt so right!

This Squier bests what the Mexi had to offer!
    Sound, fit and finish!
    -Stuart Wilde-

-Maslow-

-Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just wish they made a standard or better that looks like a '52 with butterscotch blond and black PG. There is an Affinity that is close, but I don't like the neck color.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Pinecasters are very cool and now Fender produce one and it's a Squier

The world is becoming stranger by the day. I wonder if they'll make it to NZ, the guitar market here is pretty limited.

SVL, have a look at the CIJ 52s if you want a blonde (well, natural really but stained butterscotchy) blackguard. They have superb necks and a choice of Texas Specials or Original Vintage pickups.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Pinecasters are very cool and now Fender produce one and it's a Squier

The world is becoming stranger by the day. I wonder if they'll make it to NZ, the guitar market here is pretty limited.

SVL, have a look at the CIJ 52s if you want a blonde (well, natural really but stained butterscotchy) blackguard. They have superb necks and a choice of Texas Specials or Original Vintage pickups.
    Ok, sorry, I can't remember, what is a CIJ? :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Crafted In Japan.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of pics now!

Attachment 1564

Attachment 1565

If you hadn't noticed, I still managed to find something to change.
    I had an old Fender string tree that I put on with an ashtray cover.
    The cover fits better on the this Squier's bridge, than on my Fender's bridge

I hope you can see the grain, cause she's awful purdy!!

Now, for my next trick, I will attempt to get one of the Strats in that series!
    Last edited by Dauntless; June 21st, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
    -Stuart Wilde-

-Maslow-

-Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

That looks very nice. This model is getting some really good quick reviews from folks who ordered right away and have taken delivery.

I love that an ashtray will mount correctly without any issues - it's looks even more like a '50s Tele! :

I'll definitely be getting one of these - the only question will be when I can order it - my cars and house unfortunately need more work - and those are a little more important than another guitar at the moment. :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless
    I have a couple of pics now!

Attachment 1564

Attachment 1565

If you hadn't noticed, I still managed to find something to change.
    I had an old Fender string tree that I put on with an ashtray cover.
    The cover fits better on the this Squier's bridge, than on my Fender's bridge

I hope you can see the grain, cause she's awful purdy!!

Now, for my next trick, I will attempt to get one of the Strats in that series!
    Nice, Dauntless... I can't believe the quality that Squier is putting out these days, for a reasonable price.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man come on.. Dauntless, only 2 pics? How can you do that to us?!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Gotta love Tele's........: :
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Oh man come on.. Dauntless, only 2 pics? How can you do that to us?!
    I'll try and do more later when I have the time.
    I definatly want to post some outside shots to show off the grain!
    -Stuart Wilde-

-Maslow-

-Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thats a NICE tele.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Man I want one of these bad. The wheels are turning....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. A telecaster is next on my list and I've been looking at this one (especially for the price). I have not read a bad review and mostly the reviews have been rave. I'll have to see if I can play one locally.
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast