Thread: Contemplating on a Strat

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

ZoSo - My wife says go with the Robert Cray signature Strat.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    ZoSo - My wife says go with the Robert Cray signature Strat.
    I'd like to meet your wife,,,cause I really do like that strat,,,I think if I did get an RC strat, it would definitely be the MIA version, as it is more true to what he really plays.

Quote Originally Posted by DVM
    Hope she turns out as easy on the ears as the eyes!
    So do I DVM!!! On a good note though, everything I've been reading about the SCN pups has been everything but negative. Fender has even spoke very highly of them compared to the 56's and 63's they base most of there tone on. Fender has also mentioned that in several areas the SCN have surpassed them. The specs that Bill Lawrence has put on them are unbelievable!
    From Fender(when SCN's where just a prototype):

We mounted his new prototype into our test bed guitar and began testing it against our original ’56 and ’63 Stratocaster pickups – the benchmark we’ve used for the past 10 years. We were literally amazed—no noise canceling pickups we had tested before had come this close to capturing the true essence of Fender’s original designs. The more we played it, using a variety of amplifiers and playing styles, we came to realize that this pickup actually exceeded our expectations—under certain conditions it actually out performed the originals!

As far as the neck, Katastrophe, I'm not sure yet, but it will be a fender.
    There's a couple good dealers I found that have true replacement MIA Deluxe necks and necks from actual produced guitars that have never been played.

On a quick note here, I can't wait till it's all together, and making some true Strat tone!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2