Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contemplating on a Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, last night's projects were to wire up the pickguard and install it along with the strap buttons, output jack & cup,and the tremolo bridge. Along with the plain white pickguard and rear tremolo cover that I just picked up on E-Bay, I also had a white pearloid pickguard and cover that I picked up for next to nothing awhile ago. The pearloid looked much better, so I used them instead of the plain white. The combination looks really good. Since I only have an anolog film type camera, the pictures will have to wait a few more days.

I also checked the frets out on the new neck last night. They all appeared to be level, but just to be sure, I marked them all with a black marker and lightly sanded the frets with a block and some 400 grit paper. It only took a few passes to show that the marker had been removed uniformly from the frets. After that I lightly ran a 300 grit diamond fret crown file over the frets leaving just the finest line I could on the tops of each fret. Then came the #0000 steel wool, and tonight I'll polish the frets with the Dremel and some polishing compound. It probably wasn't necessary to go through all of this with the neck, but what the heck, now I know everything is just right (I would have polished the frets anyway).

So, it's fret polishing, neck tinting & clear coating, tuning keys (Kluson/Gotoh Vintage style), string trees, decal, neck installation, and a set up to go 'til it's finished. I can only hope that it will sound as good when done as it's starting to look...that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=ZoSo65]Well, the body is finally 100%, just need to solder everything.
    Getting the S-1 knobs is what delayed everything, can't even get them from Fender yet, as they haven't released them as an "accessory" part yet. So I had to get them from ebay, and man do they get some really high bids, especially for the black ones. Seen them go for almost $80, but no lower then $45!!!
    The Fender dealer I talked to was shocked by the price range, said when Fender does release them, it would be a $15 part most likely,,,go figure./quote]

Sorry to hear you have to sell it.

You can purchase the S1 knobs without any problem. I've got 3 sets of them from my local dealer. If you cannot get your dealer to score you some, goto justplaymusic.com and tell them Scott sent you. Peter or Bob will hook you up.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Bloozcat !!!

Ah, it's not the end of the world, there will be more built, I guarantee it!!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123