Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
I've been bad this week.

Thread: I've been bad this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've been bad this week.

It started off with these.

Boss DD-20 and Digitech Whammy.

I stumbled upon this.

Soldano Astroverb 16

And I accidentally looked on Craigslist today and ended up with this.

It's an absolutely mint 1983 Fender USA Stratocaster. It's got a few funky options such as one tone control, a pickguard mounted jack, and a weird (but suprisingly functional) tremolo. It doesn't go through the body. It's just top routed. It might not be the most collectible Strat out there but it came with the original case and owners manual. It also plays and sounds much better than my 1991 American Standard Stratocaster. For $400 I couldn't pass it up. My wife is ready to take away my ATM card.
    Patrick

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice assortment of purchases you have there hubberjub. Looks like you did some smart buying. Plus, I can use this thread to show my wife it could be worse.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

nice....that's an interesting strat! how do you like the soldano?

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    Yeah, fill us in on that Soldano amp! Don't see many of those around here. Strats & pedals we got; Soldanos, not so much.... :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

ww
    So far so good. I have only played it at bedroom volumes so far. The first gig with it is Saturday. We'll see how it stands up to my Boogie. It's a single chanel 20 watt 1/12 combo. It doesn't have much in terms of clean headroom but that works for me. I like a little grit on my cleans.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

NICE!!! The Soldano is awesome.

But..You just brought back some memories...my first good electric guitar I bought was a 1983 Fender strat. Mine was a hardtail in 3-tone sunburst. I remember those funky bridge saddles and the one tone/one volume knobs.

Nice guitar!!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, you have had a week! Enjoy! I love the looks of the strat and would love to hear more about the Soldano.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!!

That Soldano looks tasty! Tell us more and more important let us hear it !
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought the DD 20 and I really like it. It gives some wild effects and they are almost limitless. I wish I had more time to wring this one out.
    It adds a whole other dimension to your playing.
    I would like to hear your take on it.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, congrats! How much did the Soldano set you back?

I had a chance to score one of those early '80's pickguard-jack USA Strats back in the '90's for 3 Benjamins, and probably should've hit it. If I were more of a Strat guy I would've. At the time I was just getting into Teles and out of Strats, so it was bad timing.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be Christmas already where you live

The soldano looks nice. What does it sound like? Can you put up some clips maybe?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I too want to hear about the Soldano. Can you get metal-level gain from it like its bigger cousins?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, congrats! How much did the Soldano set you back?
    I am a bargain hunter when it comes to gear. I found the Soldano on Craigslist for $475. It's never been gigged. How could I pass it up?

I too want to hear about the Soldano. Can you get metal-level gain from it like its bigger cousins?
    It certainly does the Soldano metal gain thing if that's what you're after. There is way more gain than I will ever use. I typically crank the master volume and then adjust the preamp volume to taste. I prefer to get my distortion from the power tubes. I love the fact that it's only 20 watts. I can crank it and not worry about overpowering the other guys in the band. I'll try to get some clips up soon. We just hired a guy who helps us out with sound and promotion so he's been taping most of our shows.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Define "bad", hubberjub, 'cause I don't see anything bad here at all. Unless, of course you mean "bad" as in, "This 1983 Strat is really bad, man." But, you've been "bad"? Maybe you are bad 'cause you found all this bad stuff....

Bad is a tricky word.....