Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prince 3121

Post Thanks / Like

I am only able to speak the truth.. If I lie my nose grows... no wait that was that old story.... hmm
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here's Kevin's experience with Prince:
    http://www.uploading.com/?get=7KCNBLK8
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Tremolo,

There only seems to be audio. Is there video with the link you provided?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you missed this Tim

"If there is any interest, I'll post an audio clip of the segment for you all."
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir Super Swede, I certainly did miss the word “audio” in Tremolo’s post. Thanks for pointing that out. I could not figure out why I was not getting any video.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

no problemos senior Tim

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to that mp3 last night. Very interesting to hear some "inside information". Prince is not like the rest of us. I wonder if he's got any kids?

When he played here in Edmonton a few years ago, a music store let him have a rehearsal room for a whole night, and they told his crew they could jam/rehearse there for free. When he came in to the store, there were 3 bodyguards and Prince didn't even look at the store owners. Didn't say "thank you" or something normal like we would have said!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

Sounds like Kevin's experience was similar to the rehersal room. I love the part when he is told "Prince isn't like the rest of us. He's been living in 'Princeland' for some time", or something to that extent.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    When he played here in Edmonton a few years ago, a music store let him have a rehearsal room for a whole night, and they told his crew they could jam/rehearse there for free. When he came in to the store, there were 3 bodyguards and Prince didn't even look at the store owners. Didn't say "thank you" or something normal like we would have said!
    Wow. I appreciate Prince's talent, but he sure can be out there (anybody remember the whole "my name is a symbol" craziness?)... I don't care how rich, famous, or musically talented a person is, there is no excuse for not having basic manners.

If I owned a music store, and was snubbed in that way, I believe my next phrase would be, "The door's right there. You can leave now."
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand people with egos. I guess that's just another reason I'm such a huge fan so Jimi Hendrix and SRV. They had no ego at all and were so open and warm to their fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Tremoloman, your sig speaks volumes...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I've been listening to this album some more and it does kind of grow on you. I do think it would appeal more to a different demographic than guitar players.

One thing I find cool about it is that all most all the drums are programs. That makes me think that if HE can do it then so can I.

The other thing that is cool is that if you want to have a romantic evening with your lady then this is certainly an album that has that flow and groove to it.

I can also see it being played at parties consisting of other than "anglos." It has a bit of urban flare about it. It certainly has some hip grinding groove going on. I put a copy in the house music system for a resturant/event banquet room and it keeps people up and moving.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Although Prince may be "out there" in many ways, he is such a fantastic musician. "Get On The Boat" is a great song on 3121. What a groove. Prince is one funky funkateer! I dig his vocal phrasing, I actually learned a lot from that, and it helped me in my guitar playing.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...I keep coming back to this album. At frst I was pretty unimpressed by it and now after many listens I think it's a terrific album. I'm very impressed and really enjoy it. Good stuff!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12