Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool New SX Offering From Rondo

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    What is up with Rondo? Every time I look at their online catalogue they have different guitars. They used to have a fairly high priced LP copy with everything you would want and Seymour duncan pickups, triple binding, gotoh bridges and tuners and now I can't find it.
    Also it sounds like they don't have a showroom anymore.
    What is the deal with them?
    They closed their New Jersey store several years ago and only do mailorder now. As far as their import lines, both as to Agile and SX, they have always been fairly fluid in their model offerings. They get several shipments in a year, and for popular models Kurt often sells them out. Sometimes the model comes back with the next shipment, sometimes it doesn't.

They recently introduced a model sort of like a cross between the current Melody Maker (2 pickups with a scratchplate/controlplate, with the input jack mounted on top, as part of the controlplate) and LP Special (pickups were P-90's rather than the MM's singles), and it sold out in a day or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they didn't have p-basses for a good long time. Then when the first couple of shipments came in, I think everybody on TalkBass snapped them up as soon as they hit the site.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12