Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Cool New SX Offering From Rondo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool New SX Offering From Rondo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool New SX Offering From Rondo

I got this in an e-mail overnight from Rondo. Gives me gas for that bass I wanted to add to the collection:
    http://www.rondomusic.com/sjmbtvgn.html

Post Thanks / Like

O-o-o-o-h! I like the looks of that! If I was more into thump than twang, I might go for one of those.... :

Here's a linked image,for a quick look-see here in the thread:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, that looks like a nice offering if I were going to get into bass. What do you bass players say?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    O-o-o-o-h! I like the looks of that! If I was more into thump than twang, I might go for one of those.... :
    Actually Jazzes are pretty twangy for basses. For thump you'd want a Precision.

But I know what you mean.

If I didn't already have a MIM Fender Jazz, that'd be very attractive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bet if I got a bass, I would like it thumpy. I do like that '62 coloring, from the year of my birth no less.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yep, that looks like a nice offering if I were going to get into bass. What do you bass players say?
    As good as Kurt is about returns, it's pretty much a no-lose sitch. Have you experience with the basic dichotomy between Jazzes and Precisions?

If not you may wanna try out some Fenders or other similar types locally to see which camp you fall in, if any. I like both but some bassists have a marked preference for one or the other. Jazz necks are a bit thinner and arguably easier to play, and there's more midrange to a Jazz's sound. P-basses usually have chunkier necks and a whump-ier sound.

If that helps any-- I always struggle trying to describe tones, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Generally helps. I can accept that description. The guy that plays in our student band uses a P-Bass. I can check that out. Not that I am getting one anytime soon, but you never know.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I want a bass with the P&J combo. I live for the P-bass thump, but prefer the J bridge for soloing and stuff. I know that a lot of people don't like the sound of the P&J played together but to my ears it sounds like the best of both worlds: thump and snarl all in one.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Whump-ier...plus more traditional P-Bass style...and cheaper too:

I really like the styling, color, and pickguard combination on the first one. Instead of just another Fender P-Bass or Jazz Bass, it has some cool retro styling of it's own. Love the amp knobs for V&T...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yah, that one looks nice too. I sure do like the '62 vibe the first one has though. It is just different.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

Here's a linked image,for a quick look-see here in the thread:

Hi that bass looks like the love child of a Jazz bass & a Jag bass.
    If you want to get in bass either a jor a p bass . I my self like the Jazz its more universall , but then I hope soon to have a P bass along with my MM knock off.
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

and to add to the confusion and speak out for the non Fender designs...

If a P Bass is thumpy and a J Bass is twangy, then I submit that a Gibson Thunderbird is "Snarly" and (my personal fave) Rickenbackers are to bass what the Les Paul is to guitar if we're talking hard rock. (/me points to Lemmy Kilmister who not only used Rick's pretty much exclusively, I'm pretty sure he sometimes used Gibson T-Bird PU's for extra "Snarliness" (tm)

Also imo the Rick 4000 series are some of the coolest looking basses on the planet.

...and, I have a cool story about a Stereo Rick 4001. Pre internet a mate bought one (painted white with what looked like house paint) from a pawn shop for like $400 thinking he'd overpaid. Then 2nd gig with it, it refused to stay in tune so he smashed it into the stage severely damaging the neck, at which point he took it to a repair gyu who told him he'd just smashed a bass worth upwards of $2000....

It's ok though, it was not only repaired, but completely rebuilt to original and I hear it's still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin

If a P Bass is thumpy and a J Bass is twangy, then I submit that a Gibson Thunderbird is "Snarly" and (my personal fave) Rickenbackers are to bass what the Les Paul is to guitar if we're talking hard rock. (/me points to Lemmy Kilmister who not only used Rick's pretty much exclusively, I'm pretty sure he sometimes used Gibson T-Bird PU's for extra "Snarliness" (tm)

Also imo the Rick 4000 series are some of the coolest looking basses on the planet.

...and, I have a cool story about a Stereo Rick 4001. Pre internet a mate bought one (painted white with what looked like house paint) from a pawn shop for like $400 thinking he'd overpaid. Then 2nd gig with it, it refused to stay in tune so he smashed it into the stage severely damaging the neck, at which point he took it to a repair gyu who told him he'd just smashed a bass worth upwards of $2000....

It's ok though, it was not only repaired, but completely rebuilt to original and I hear it's still going strong.
    How true my next bass I hope is a T bird
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin

rick 4001, my fav. bass ever, astounding he'd smash it.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my first bass, an SX SPJ-62. I am really into it! I haven't stopped playing it in 2 days. It is short scale, and the body is not much bigger than my Strat. The neck is easy to play on.

Fit and finish wise it leaves a LOT to be desired. Something rattles inside the body, the grain is not nice, and the neck has a lot of tooling marks on it. But it is fun to play and a good starter bass. I would get an SX again.

Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Default OLP MM2 Ernie Ball stingray

Just picked up a absolutely spotless teal metalflake bass. It is light but the sound is great playing thru a Fender BXR300C. It has good sustain and if I am not mistaken the body is made of basswood, thus the lightness. I know it is China made but the Finish is great and the appointments are all well put together. I figure a good deal for a 'C' note.
    : You're not havin' fun til they have dialed 911

GuitarsGibson 335, OLP MM2 Ernie Ball 4 string bass,Sx Tele style modified, and a Copley Strat style, Epi Les Paul custom, Harmony Stratatone

Amps Fender Stage 185,Fender BXR300C bass amp, Marshall G100R cd Head, Randall commander II, 'Custom made' boutique 15 watt class A combo w/ 12" Swamp Thang speaker, Tube rider head, KUSTOM 2X10 cab ( Tube Tone speakers ), 4X12 'All Eminence' cab, 4X10 'All Eminence' cab, Kay 703c amp...

Pedals DOD FX 64 Stereo Chorus,FX 75B Flanger, FX 20C Phaser,FX 66 Flashback Fuzz, FX 55 Distortion, BOSS rc-2 Looper, BOSS AC 2 Acoustic modeler, BOSS AW-2 Auto-wah, ARION MOC-1 Octave and a Digitech DIGIDELAY...
    Misc: A KEES Australian built Theremin...

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice style SX bass

I looked at that bass and might get one to play around with, possibly switch out the pups for some better GFS ones or something.

Also, Eichaan, I noticed you also have a Behringer GM110. I think it is a well kept secret for guitar amps. It sounds really good don't you think, for thirty watts and all the analog modeling and the extensive connectivity; including a built in DI out?

I like that GM110 and often recommend it to people looking for small amp upgrades from the "pack" ten watt amps. No affilliation, but audioallies.com sells the GM110 for 99 US and it is under musical instruments on their web page. These are getting hard to find and are purportedly way better than the amp that replaced it. Harmonycentral.com gives it great ratings.

It is nothing like a GM108. No comparison.

My GM110 has been a versitile and inexpensive amp that I can take with me places and it has enough volume to overcome even a mildly loud acoustic drummer. It's a loud thirty watts.

I also have some way more expensive, nice sounding amps too: like a Fender tweed HRD w Jensen speaker, a new tweed Peavey Delta Blues one by fifteen with JJ tubes, and a Fender Super Champ XD tube amp with digital modeling and this is an especially great amp at fifteen tube watts, really high quality build and sound and I put a Eminence Ragin Cajun speaker in it with much more volume due to its greater sensitivity compared to the stock speaker.

The GM110, nevertheless, is a great little amp at a very, very low price for thirty good sounding watts and a nice sounding speaker.

I do like this jag'ish type bass though and might get one to have something light and quick. My main bass is a new Schecter stiletto five elite, neck thru that is awesome. The best sounding bass I have ever played; being an amateur that might not carry much weight, but we have an 85 ish Fender MIJ Jazz bass and it doesn't come close in tone. Schecter gets under rated I think, probably because they cost as much or more than some serious competition. I got mine on the gc fourth of July sale for half price, new.

Now I want to get a Toneworks AX5B bass multi pedal but this bass looks pretty cool and I might just pick one up instead of the pedal.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indianjjy
    Just picked up a absolutely spotless teal metalflake bass. It is light but the sound is great playing thru a Fender BXR300C. It has good sustain and if I am not mistaken the body is made of basswood, thus the lightness. I know it is China made but the Finish is great and the appointments are all well put together. I figure a good deal for a 'C' note.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

What is up with Rondo? Every time I look at their online catalogue they have different guitars. They used to have a fairly high priced LP copy with everything you would want and Seymour duncan pickups, triple binding, gotoh
    bridges and tuners and now I can't find it.
    Also it sounds like they don't have a showroom anymore.
    What is the deal with them?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast