Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first "big" gig

pes_laul Guest

Default My first "big" gig

yuppers our band the "hippy militia" is headlining this big three day festival. and there's exposed to be a little under 2000 people though

our band plays tonight at around 10:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news, Kris! We definitely want to hear how things went!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ditto that! Congrats and rock their world!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    and there's exposed to be a little under 2000 people though
    Exposed??? :

Are you playing at a Nudist Resort Kris?... I hope it's warm out
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome, pes! Kick butt and take names, man. It's gonna be a blast, and something you'll remember for a long time.

Be sure to have someone take pics and or video. We want to see/hear how it went! :

BTW, Hippie Militia rawks as a band name.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

excellent kris...have a blast (and get some pics or something!)

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news Kris

Make sure you let us know how it went afterwards....and post some slips if you can :

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    and post some slips if you can
    kris....do not wear a slip for the show....that just wouldn't be right! : :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Rawk-on Kris!

I agree with Kat. Great name.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

you go, Kris! i hope you have a blast! let us know how it went! :
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

pes_laul Guest

thanks guys. And algonquin I have been out of school too long to realize my typo. I should have some pics. I believe it is being recorded and their trying to broadcast it live on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let us know about that internet broadcast. A bunch of us showed up for Brian Krashpad's show.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Let us know about that internet broadcast. A bunch of us showed up for Brian Krashpad's show.
    +1000...it was fun watching the krashpad show! :

ww

pes_laul Guest

here is the myspace page for them http://www.myspace.com/newaygofamilyfest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    here is the myspace page for them http://www.myspace.com/newaygofamilyfest
    wow my eyes are still hurting after looking at that page!! but it looks like a cool festival....have fun!

ww

pes_laul Guest

well me and my dad are getting our equipment ready and were gonna head out.

In this gig my dad plays drums bass and guitar and then sings two songs.

while I play four or five.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    +1000...it was fun watching the krashpad show! :

ww
    We'll be nicer to Kris of course. Wait, I meant some of the rest of you will be nicer. I was nice all the time. That was a fun night watching Brian.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds sweet Kris! Have a blast.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    We'll be nicer to Kris of course. Wait, I meant some of the rest of you will be nicer. I was nice all the time. That was a fun night watching Brian.
    haha thats respect lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast