Thread: Fender Custom Vibrolux

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Custom Vibrolux

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0215100000

I have a friend who gigs a lot with one of these. Very sweet amp! He uses a tubescreamer with a Les Paul with this amp, with great results. I played through it a couple of times, and it has a very "big" sound. I was very impressed and liked this amp much more than the Hot Rod series.

Anyone else tried the Vibrolux?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I started playing on a 1970's silverface Vibrolux. I loved it. I had a Fender Fuzz-Wah in front of it and a Small Stone Phase Shifter. I got some really great sounds with it. Then I gave it to another band member and bought a 77 Princeton Reverb. It's not even close to the Vibrolux. The Vibrolux had way more mojo. Cool amps.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, my friend the tech, who worked on my Frankenbass recently, has its cousin the SuperSonic, in blonde. It is a really nice amp.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

What a coincidence, my friend, the guitarist, has a Supersonic too. He makes it sound really nice. He uses it with a Laney 2x12 bottom and it fattens out the sound some. Plus stacking it on top of the Laney cabinet makes it easier to hear thus reinforcing my statement to him "it's loud enough."

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.