Thread: Fernandes Native 'sustainer' guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fernandes Native 'sustainer' guitar

Does anyone have any info or have played one of these?
    : You're not havin' fun til they have dialed 911

GuitarsGibson 335, OLP MM2 Ernie Ball 4 string bass,Sx Tele style modified, and a Copley Strat style, Epi Les Paul custom, Harmony Stratatone

Amps Fender Stage 185,Fender BXR300C bass amp, Marshall G100R cd Head, Randall commander II, 'Custom made' boutique 15 watt class A combo w/ 12" Swamp Thang speaker, Tube rider head, KUSTOM 2X10 cab ( Tube Tone speakers ), 4X12 'All Eminence' cab, 4X10 'All Eminence' cab, Kay 703c amp...

Pedals DOD FX 64 Stereo Chorus,FX 75B Flanger, FX 20C Phaser,FX 66 Flashback Fuzz, FX 55 Distortion, BOSS rc-2 Looper, BOSS AC 2 Acoustic modeler, BOSS AW-2 Auto-wah, ARION MOC-1 Octave and a Digitech DIGIDELAY...
    Misc: A KEES Australian built Theremin...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I had a Native, but it was the non-Sustainer model.

It was OK but nothing special. The trem on it could only be used very sparingly or it'd put the guitar out of tune. Also, I had a problem with the high E string jumping out of the nut if I did strings bends. The nut probably needed to be re-cut a bit. I solved that problem by running the string on the inside of the string tree thingy rather than the outside (which is where it was designed to go).

Post Thanks / Like

The sustainer itself (available separately) is way fun... its a entirely new way of playing guitar.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009