Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Monkey Paw

Thread: The Monkey Paw

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Monkey Paw

Just in case someone wanted it, here is the awesome backing track that I used for my Swedecaster clip earlier.

http://www.freshbt.com/backing_track...Monkey_Paw.htm

And here is my take (short clip) :

http://www.box.net/shared/oqauy2xogk
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Man that was super SS, what an awesome sound, great playing. I don't think I can do much at my level but I am going to mess with that baby

Edited: I am going to mess with it at home not (add to it), don't want to hold up a collab. What a fine job Super!

Thank you for sharing.

M29
    Last edited by M29; June 24th, 2008 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Did not want to hold up a collab

Post Thanks / Like

SS I loved your take on the BT. No one else dares to add something to the BT now

Your playing reminded me of the "Hellecasters". This could easily be a Hellecasters song.

Nice work. Respect!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Your playing reminded me of the "Hellecasters". This could easily be a Hellecasters song.
    Thats why I named the track "Swedecaster".

Thanks for listening! I sure enjoy playing this kind of music
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very interesting. I downloaded all of the songs from the Guitar Center's blues tracks for last years King of the blues guitar showdown. One of them was Monkey paw. I have a totally different take on it. Yours is a more country finger pickin style and mine is a more bluesy style. There were about 21 backing tracks and several of them are really amazing.
    I have no way of recording myself and I probably would not but it is very interesting to hear someone elses take on the track. Very nice.
    Some of my favourites from the same set of tracks are Chicago Blues, Laid Down blues, and my favourite is called A minor affair. Along with Monkey Paw.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, SS! Smooth playing, hot sound!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Yo, Swede! : :

I can't touch that, but might just try a different approach. Your playing on this is just great. Thanks!
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

That's southern Sweden aint it?

Da S U P E R Swede!!

Enjoyed it

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you are far too kind boys...

Yes justa, I live in the southern part of Sweden.
    "The Highlands" remember?

Zman, you should get started with home recording!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

You are probably correct. I have come a long way to even be able to play along with these tracks. That would probably be the next step. I will do some research on what I need.
    Have you heard and of the ones I mentioned?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    You are probably correct. I have come a long way to even be able to play along with these tracks. That would probably be the next step. I will do some research on what I need.
    Have you heard and of the ones I mentioned?
    I think we had a thread about the contest earlier...
    The tracks are available on the freshbt.com site.

Essentially you only need some kind of recording software.
    There are several threads on that if you search the fret archives.

You also want a software/hardware amp modeler or amp with sp.sim output.

After that its pretty much hit and run.. :

I´m looking forward to hear your take on "Monkey Paw" !

Post Thanks / Like

Rawkin stuff SS... we need more of this here at the Fret!

Killer my friend :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yah, that was sweet, Calle! :
    We need more of you!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks... unfortunately I cant play at all right now due to a mysterious pain in my finger joints... probably a flu or something since I have fever and headaches as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that was some great country-style playing, Swede. You are quite the versatile player there, dood! I don't know how the heck I missed this when you originally posted it 4 months ago, but I'm glad 'Gonquie revived the thread! : : :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DVM..... now if I only had a nice rat-clone to drive that twanging tone even further towards nashville

Post Thanks / Like

SS !, that frogn rawk'n awsome !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    ....now if I only had a nice rat-clone to drive that twanging tone even further towards nashville
    You're in luck.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!