Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fender Strat - Squier Series

Thread: Fender Strat - Squier Series

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Strat - Squier Series

Anyone familiar with a Fender Strat - Squier Series? It's a Fender, not a Squier by Fender. It's a MIM and so far all I've located in a quick search is some reviews on Harmony Central.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...er+Series/10/1

Very low end Fender?

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Google is your friend.

The manufacture of Squiers temporarily got moved to Mexico and then the plant caught fire, and after the guitar in the photo was made, for a short time Squiers were made in the USA.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Google is your friend.

The manufacture of Squiers temporarily got moved to Mexico and then the plant caught fire, and after the guitar in the photo was made, for a short time Squiers were made in the USA.
    I read in one of the reviews that the body was plywood, do think that to be true? With the Fender name so prominent, do think they would be using plywood bodies?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.. I´ve never seen one of those before.

Must have been a limited production?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Not plywood.The standard series was the squire series and started in japan.I have a foto-flame fender with O.G. floyd.It says squire series.Spuds right the series moved to mexico then it was the renamed the standard series

That guitar is 94-95. My jap fender is 93-94.

Again this is a quality fender.There is a long story about the squire name then and now.

Harmony reviews are to be taken lightly (alot of stated facts that are B.S.):

Tuners got to go.(junk)

Electronics........well if it was me ......................... :
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 25th, 2008 at 03:58 AM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

They're kinda a precursor to current MIM Fenders.