Thread: Looking for a set of Squier '51 pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a set of Squier '51 pickups

Anybody know where i can get a set of Squier '51 pickups for cheap... actually i'm just looking for the humbucker.

I've got another radical idea... it involves a friends squier strat and 2 squier '51 humbuckers

I saw a set go on ebay for cheapers a while ago... anybody outthere scrapping or replaced the humbucker also?

Post Thanks / Like

Bigbear,

I will have a set available in about a week. I am retrofitting a '51. Wuz going to keep the pickups, but if they'll help you out...

How much is fair? I have PayPal account, do you?

Let me know....

(both pups are black, and off a blondie)
    Last edited by EscalonJon; October 23rd, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
    GUITARS: Fender Teles and 50s Strat, Squier Jazz Bass & '51, VooDoo clone, Dillion Tele Thinline, G&L Tribute ASAT, Agile Les Paul clones, Rogue 335, Robelli D'Angelico, Danelectro Hodad 12, Larrivee Koa Parlour, Blueridge 00028, Ibanez Hummingbird, Takamine EC132C, PRS McCarty IRW.

AMPLIFICATION: Carvin Bel Air w/ext cab, Behringer ACX1000, Vox Brian May, Fender Bronco tweed, Rogue 30 Bass, Roland Cube 30, modded Epi Valve Junior w/ Scumback 1x10 cab.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I gutted a Squier '51 and installed the pups in a MIM Strat body so I could have a tremolo bar. Clean, it sounds great. With distortion, the humbucker squeals a little when at 10. I've since replaced it with a leftover humbucker from an old Chinese guitar I used to own. If you want my old humbucker, you can have it for the cost of shipping.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix