Thread: An Unknown

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default An Unknown

I was checking out demos of some guitars and amps on youtube and stumbled on this young lady and her voice just cought my attention. In this clip she has a problem hitting the high notes, but I still like the voice.

She's in a group called Lola Flash down in Australia. Looks like small bar gigs, but if you go to the MySpace, you can hear some of their music.

http://www.myspace.com/lolaflashmusic

This is not one of those "you've got to hear this group" type post, just an interesting unknown. Lola Flash is a bit dark.

Lola Flash is also the name of photographer out of New York - cool name.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I watched that - I really liked her take on 'Day in the Life", and her other clips were interesting too - beautiful voice and she uses it effectively. Thanks!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Strum, that was a pleasure.

It adds pathos when she goes for those high notes. It's like she has to grab around for it in the corners of her mind & drag into into the light.

Very nice indeed.
    I pick a moon dog.