Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Cheese?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What kind of Cheese?

What is your favourite cheese? I love Wallace & Gromit, and since they are Englishmen, they love cheese. So, I found some Stilton cheese in the local store. Wallace & Gromit like Stilton cheese. Well, I do too! It's fabulous! It has these green gobs of yumminess amongst the yellow flavourful cheeziness!

Ahh, what a difference some Stilton cheese does! You gotta try it if you haven't. (Who the heck is Wallace & Gromit? Answer)
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange post, my friend... I don't think I've ever seen one about cheese before... Put me down as a Pepper Monterey Jack man. But sometimes, you just have to have a nice, sharp cheddar.

Loved the Wallace and Gromit movie. Every once and a while, one of us will say "Cheeeeeeesssseeee, Gromit!" for no good verifiable reason (other than my 9 year old stepdaughter, who gets a kick out of hearing it in my cheesy British accent, pun intended)
    Last edited by Katastrophe; May 10th, 2006 at 07:21 PM.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I like any cheese that a were-rabbit has not drooled on.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Any cheese is a weak point in my dietary intake. I especially enjoy the jalapeño cheese. Hmmm Hmmm Good!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Stilton!
    I also love the danish cheese "gamle ole" but it smells so bad that its hard to store with other foodstuffs. Also, dont put it in your car, the smell will never leave the seats again...
    Its hard to describe the taste, but someone described it as having a small nuclear explosion happening in your mouth. Very tasty...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede

Stilton!
    I also love the danish cheese "gamle ole" but it smells so bad .... described it as having a small nuclear explosion happening in your mouth. Very tasty...

Something that powerful must have it's down fall. In this case the smell. I have smelled a few bad smelling cheeses in my life, but never had what it takes to try them. I figured it they would leave one with a potty mouth that would impact those you talk to plus your dog would stay away also.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I like eating the cheese, but mostly I like cutting the cheese.
    -Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea! That was a good one Ray. I am glad there are many miles between us.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I thought some of our UK Fretters would chime in - isn't eating cheese there a very important thing? Cheeese and Crackers? Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience. But there are many bland cheeses that don't qualify. Rochefort is another good one, and so is Gorgonzola.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I like grilled cheese
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I thought some of our UK Fretters would chime in - isn't eating cheese there a very important thing? Cheeese and Crackers? Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience. But there are many bland cheeses that don't qualify. Rochefort is another good one, and so is Gorgonzola.
    I think it's really all about the tea. Cheese is what happens if you drink too much of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience.
    Those two are best combined imho

Red wine & Cheese... mmmmmm
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Strange post, my friend... I don't think I've ever seen one about cheese before... Put me down as a Pepper Monterey Jack man. But sometimes, you just have to have a nice, sharp cheddar.

Loved the Wallace and Gromit movie. Every once and a while, one of us will say "Cheeeeeeesssseeee, Gromit!" for no good verifiable reason (other than my 9 year old stepdaughter, who gets a kick out of hearing it in my cheesy British accent, pun intended)
    Cracklin' Toast Grommit is what we say, but you have to do the hand thingy.

Humboldt Fog is a aged brie-like goat cheese from Northern California (near Arcata Robert) that is spectacular.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, I have been to Arcata once, ran a marathon the Red Wood forest there - along the Avenue Of The Giants. Spectacular forest by the way!

I'll be looking for that Humboldt Fog - hope they export to Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Cracklin' Toast Grommit is what we say, but you have to do the hand thingy.

Humboldt Fog is a aged brie-like goat cheese from Northern California (near Arcata Robert) that is spectacular.

Post Thanks / Like

For all you serious cheese heads. Please don't go anywhere with me if you are using it.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume
    LONDON (Reuters) - Some say Britain's pungent blue-veined Stilton cheese smells of old socks. But its fans have turned the rare odor into a perfume.
    The Stilton Cheese Makers Association commissioned an aromatics firm to create Eau de Stilton, described on the association's Web site as featuring a "symphony of natural base notes including Yarrow, Angelica seed, Clary Sage and Valerian."
    "Blue Stilton cheese has a very distinctive mellow aroma and our perfumier was able to capture the key essence of that scent and recreate it in an unusual but highly wearable perfume," said an association spokesman.
    The perfume will be available from www.stiltoncheese.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy blue cheese veins, Batman! I just bet that's some good stuff...

BTW, the "intuitive" ads at the end of this thread are great.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Another cheaper way of achieving this is to never change socks...

Post Thanks / Like

Being an old hillbilly dude, I like a very sharp smoked cheddar with whole wheat crackers and homemade elderberry wine. Also a sharp swiss is very nice, as well as a milder shredded cheddar on top of a two pound taco salad!

Post Thanks / Like

I was first introduced to Stilton cheese many years ago on my first trip to London. Being the cheese lover that I am, I took to it instantly. It is so pungent that when I brought some back to our hotel room, I had to put it outside on the window ledge so that we didn't choke on the air in the room....

It takes a pretty bold red wine to drink with Stilton. A very big, bold, complex and fruity Cabernet or Shiraz compliments it well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast