Thread: Help with backing track?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with backing track?

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am trying to put together a backing track to jam to of a Fleetwood Mac song called (Like it this way). Here is a tube of it I am sure you all are familiar with it.

I have a basic drum line I built from Beatcraft and I don't know much about bass yet but I have a bass to put a bass line in. Can someone help me with a tab or something so I can put a bass line like John Mcvie is playing, I know this is a pretty basic line but I don't know how to play it. I can see a little bit of it in the video but not enough for me to catch on to.

Thank you for your time and help.

M29
    Last edited by M29; June 30th, 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Link would not work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am trying to put together a backing track to jam to of a Fleetwood Mac song called (Like it this way). Here is a tube of it I am sure you all are familiar with it.

I have a basic drum line I built from Beatcraft and I don't know much about bass yet but I have a bass to put a bass line in. Can someone help me with a tab or something so I can put a bass line like John Mcvie is playing, I know this is a pretty basic line but I don't know how to play it. I can see a little bit of it in the video but not enough for me to catch on to.

M29

I would suggest finding a very good midi of the tune and then using FL Studio to remove the tracks you wish to play and then use high quality soundfonts for the remaining midi tracks. Far easier than building from scratch and sounds great (depending on how good your soundfonts are).

I will do a post in soon when I have more time and I will share all my soundfonts and tutorials on building great backing tracks with FL Studio.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Hello,

M29
    I would be very happy to help you but I'm awful with a rythmn box Sorry

But what I could say is that you choose a great song I always love that Danny Kirwan stuff you might also check Jigsaw Puzzle Blues whch is a lovely tune to learn
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I will look into that.

M29