Thread: I've found my way back with a new song..

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've found my way back with a new song..

Hey gang.. i've been away from home for an extended stay and am finaly back, just unpacked the gear and have started to tinker again.

I just wrote and finished recording this one yesterday and would love any thoughts I could get from anyone who wants to take the time and ear to mustre their way through it.

In the meantime I am going to get back in and around and talking to my old friends here, I never forget I just get 'out of the loop' now and then.

Be gentle, remember, I have low budget gear, cheap malt liquor and am deaf in one ear.

What
    lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6678738&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6678738&q=hi

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very nice and welcome back.

My first thought is to add some presence to the chorus vocals by slightly boosting 2-3K freq. Also pan the slide guitar farther right and move the vocals around some so that they stand out in the stereo spectrum more.

I like this track a lot. The instrumentation fits the mood very well. Bravo.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

I like the harmonies you used. Sounds exciting to my ears. Your vocals sound great ,too but try to apply Spuds suggestions, this will make the track sound even better than it already is!

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the first two comments. Song is great. Arrangement is like bleak Beatles late era for today's climate. Very cool, harmonies. Some more separation between various vocals and the instruments would help maximize the song.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 333maxwell
    Hey gang.. i've been away from home for an extended stay and am finaly back, just unpacked the gear and have started to tinker again.

I just wrote and finished recording this one yesterday and would love any thoughts I could get from anyone who wants to take the time and ear to mustre their way through it.

In the meantime I am going to get back in and around and talking to my old friends here, I never forget I just get 'out of the loop' now and then.

Be gentle, remember, I have low budget gear, cheap malt liquor and am deaf in one ear.

What
    lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6678738&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6678738&q=hi
    Great song, I like first of all your voice it sounds a bit like Tom Petty, great melody and nice chords. I like this horn part in the "refrain" it sounds a bit like some Chicago numbers : I like the lead guitar in the beginning nice mellow sound

The rythmn part is for my taste the weak part but hey that's not easy to achieve a great sound with a rythmn box
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you back Maxwell with another great song.

...but how do you really feel about the rain?
    I pick a moon dog.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good song Maxwell, welcome back!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Spudman, Jimi, Helliot, Jipes, Robert, Tot_ou_tard,

Thanks gang.. appreciate it.. goode to see you all again.

As for EQ, i'll give it a shot.. i've never messed with EQ any as I am fairly ignorant of it.. like a big 8 headed monster I have no clue what to do with. Pretty much everything you hear on my stuff is exactly like it went in except for volume and reverbs etc... I'll work on it..

Tot_ , as for the #@%^'ng rain.. well.. I needed a word that fit.. it seemed to be the one.. *L*.. I promise it is not part of a pattern, you wont find many expletives in my stuff unless I feel it has a rightful place.. *G*

Thanks again everyone..

Post Thanks / Like

When I click on either of those links MediaPlayer can't play them. I have an account on SoundClicks . How do I play those mp3s ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I missed this one. Sounds nice! Always good to hear your creative stuff!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

cool song-
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool song, i dig it.

My suggestion is actually the opposite to the others, i don't want to boost the chorus vox but instead i want to decrease the presence of the verse vox, i think they are tad too high in the mix. And also a dehisser on the vox tracks would make it even better. But i havn't listened through monitors on it yet so no absolute truth (never is with music)