Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need help

Post Thanks / Like

excellent suggestion rocket! that gets my vote too...i want to see video of cb playing samba pa ti....heck i'll ship my video camera out to them if i have to....as long as shiner promises not to use it to market any of his guitars!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Someday maybe you could try this:

Or this:
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

was gonna suggest Sleepwalk myself.it is a timeless good/great instrumental. and not impossible to play either.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bFp-...eature=related
    not to take anything away from rocket - excellent call. this link it sounds a bit clearer.would have embedded it but the link works just as well
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

CB,

Why not try this one: Mississippi Queen by Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEcN...eature=related

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also recommend the Allman Bros. "Melissa"...the chords are great for acoustic, and you can play the lead parts without a slide. There used to be alot of great tab for this song on the web, but now that all the tab sites are practically gone, it's harder to find the lead parts. It's slow, has some nice string bends, and some nice short licks...plus, it's a great song.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

It always helps to remember who your playing for....if it's gonna be the same fans as last time some older music might be what their doctor orders. The group of similar fans I play for once a month down here love the older songs they can relate to and also love Gospel music. One of our favorites and one they love the most is Faded Love. Whatever you choose I know your gonna knock their draw.......er socks off.
    Washburn J28SCE Cumberland
    Washburn D10S
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
    Friends Are Cherished Music Is Pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

CB's been checking out all the video's this afternoon looking for her next song. So far my personal picks are Samba Pa Ti (great call Rocket, I think I might have to work on that one myself) and Sleepwalk (another great call Rocket, I especially like it because I could play the acoustic while CB wails away), with Found Out About You coming in a close third (I love the Gin Blossoms SVL, and CB tells me they just came out with a new album, I thought they were still split up). By the way Kat, Tesla gets the honorable mention in my book, I love that acoustic intro!:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

i have to thank all of you very much for all your help [once again!]

your songs have not only inspired me, they've helped me link into other songs...

i only get to play two or three for my recital [he hasn't told me definitively yet, i guess i find out tomorrow, missed my lesson last week] but i have lots of songs written on my 'to learn' list!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Nice thing about Sleepwalk is that one can strum out the two repetitive rhythm progressions (C/Am/Fm/G), (C/Am/F/G) while the other lays down the easy notes.
    Very easy and always a crowd-pleaser!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm memorizing the first part of Sleepwalk this week, up to the chorus. [my lessons are only 1/2 hour]

it sounds so darned cool... thanks, Rocket, for that suggestion, i wouldn't have thought of that one on my own...
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Sleepwalk is indeed a great tune to play. It is one of the few cover songs that I actually recorded because I thought there is something I can contribute to the song.

My Sleepwalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12