Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Something to Complement the DVM Deluxe VJr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to Complement the DVM Deluxe VJr

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Something to Complement the DVM Deluxe VJr

Just wrapped up a deal on this:

Burning the midnight oil here at The Strum Guitar Emporium.

Thanks Brian, my wife would like to speak to you.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

very cool strum...is that p90's i see?

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    very cool strum...is that p90's i see?

ww
    Yes it is. I have no idea of P90's but everyone here seems to think highly of them.

Been communicating back and forth with the guy. I am going to have him deliver it to one of my suppliers I deal with at work. I'll have the owner of the company inspect it and then pay the guy cash (couldn't swing a trade) and then my friend will pack it up and ship it to me. Pretty safe transaction and no eBay, no PayPal.

We agreed to a cyberspace handshake and he said the guitar is mine.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Now THAT is a nice guitar. I cant really see the headstock but i'm guessing by the big "e" on the case it's an Epiphone Wildkat?

I'd be really keen to hear soundclips I've always wanted a bigsby equipped guitar....

Post Thanks / Like

Brian posted about the one at the pawn shop last night and I started doing some research on it and just happened to stumble upon this. A fretters fluke.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Brian posted about the one at the pawn shop last night and I started doing some research on it and just happened to stumble upon this. A fretters fluke.
    The workings of GAS are never a fluke.

First GAS posts through a fretter. "Hey check out my cool new PERFECT guitar."

Secondly GAS tells some poor schmuck on EBaY or on craigslist or somewhere that even though he thought he had a PERFECT guitar, he really, really neeEEEEeeds to sell it so he can buy that KILLER amph.

Thirdly GAS distracts Strum or some other fretter to anxiety about a having a PERFECT guitar. Thus causing him to poke about the internet looking for info on the PERFECT guitar thus running into said schmuck's ad.

It's tough work being GAS.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Strum! I have a feeling that you are gonna love the tones that you get from the Wildkat and the DVM modded Valve Junior.

P90s to my ears have a really cool tone, kinda like a cross between a single and a bucker, with plenty of snarl.

The GAS gods have smiled, for you have made a good match, and are destined for tone heaven.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, now we know why the sale of some other nice stuff going on right now.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ok, now we know why the sale of some other nice stuff going on right now.
    Bingo. although the "oh, I've had this one, I just seldom bring it out" is in my hip pocket if needed.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Bingo. although the "oh, I've had this one, I just seldom bring it out" is in my hip pocket if needed.
    What a perfect thing to say.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Strum... I'd be interested to know the exact weight of that WildKat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You and Tot will be the first to know.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket,

I was told that it weights 8.5 lbs. I think that's pretty decent, but I will have to wait for it to arrive to confirm.

If you see Tot, let him know that preliminary report is 8.5 lbs. He's obsessed with weight.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

If you see Tot, let him know that preliminary report is 8.5 lbs. He's obsessed with weight.
    I like to know so I can pretend to be above such piddling concerns.

8.5 lbs

*hmmmph*

no different than if it weighed 85 lbs.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Well this deal may have gone sour. I tried getting a hold of the seller to make arrangements for him to meet my friend outside of Philadelphia and he hasn't responded. I also asked for some additional info and pics and again no response.

I dropped my eBay account so the buying frenzy will be curtailed. I was really GASSING for that guitar, so I will keep an eye open for another.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got a hold of the guy and the guitar is now in he hands of my friend in Philadelphia (Warminster to be exact). It will ship today or tomorrow at the latest - he may have to get a box at a store if he doesn't have one available.

that's it, no more guitars.

So Rocket, when you are about to sell the JJ, don't tell me (just kidding, PM me when it hits the market)
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

So Rocket, when you are about to sell the JJ, don't tell me (just kidding, PM me when it hits the market)
    That one isn't going anywhere soon... the SG however...

Post Thanks / Like

That one isn't going anywhere soon...
    Didn't think so.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got a hold of the guy and the guitar is now in he hands of my friend in Philadelphia (Warminster to be exact). It will ship today or tomorrow at the latest - he may have to get a box at a store if he doesn't have one available.
    Geez, it hasn't even left Warminster and there's a slight chance I sold it already. A guy out in the shop at my buddies business where the guitar is right now, is interested in the guitar. (I know, I butchered that sentence)
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast