Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Custom Shop '69's

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That's really great about those pickups, Nelskie. There's nothing like the pleasure you get when everything all comes together and works like you dreamed it would. Tone Heaven.

I've heard nothing but good about those CS '69 pickups.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys here my Strat video I did a long time ago? It sounds pretty good with my CS 54s in the cheap strat.

http://revver.com/video/22014/
    Last edited by Robert; May 13th, 2006 at 10:01 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Help playing the video

Robert - Your videos used to work perfectly in my WinXP media player. Now this link (as well as the one on your Dophinstreet site) takes me to some third-party site, which requires a log-in and password, not to mention the installation of an Apple Quicktime Player. Since all I want to do is watch the video, maybe you have some tips to get around all of this hullaballoo? Thanks - Nelskie

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry Nelskie for the hullaballooing here! I posted the wrong address - it should be http://revver.com/video/22014/

I am hosting videos on a different place so I can keep the bandwidth usage down on my site.

One drawback is that Quicktime is needed...is it a pain to have to install it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

There's always QuickTime Alternative
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, zoso, never knew about that alternative. Interesting! Thanks for the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Im gonna check out their Godin Radiator (I have read raving reviews about it)... Wouldnt mind going up the tele ladder either. We´ll see
    I have a Radiator that I bought used for $150 US that I am quite fond of. I wouldn't buy one on my recommendation though as I don't have that much experience with different geetars.

Post Thanks / Like

Tot, I posted a thread about it in the "other guitar" section. I would really like to know more about it....
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Swede - The Custom Shop '69's (full set) were $139.00, and the Callaham trem block was $55. There was a little for shipping, and of course, installation costs, since I am not all that mechanically inclined. So, for around two Benjamins, that Strat is now a bona-fide tone machine. Yeah, it sounded good stock. Now it sounds amazing.
    I also have a MIM 60's strat Nelskie.. Here lately I been thinking of seeing what a different set of Pickups would do for it although I really like the way it already sounds.. I would also like to make it into a Hardtail as I never seem to use the trem and thinking it might stay in tune better with a block although it stays pretty darn good already... Let me get this right now.. the trem block is used for this purpose correct? I been going between the 57/62 set of pickups and the 69 set... I guess I want to stay in the 60's tone with this guitar... I might just have to break down and do these mods.. if nothing else I can buy another strat to put these items into later.. oops.. GAS..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a website which has some clips of various stratocaster pickups, and the CS 69 tone is my favourite.
    http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat...ips-W1C28.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Great page ... Tinky thank you very much.. I think the 69's sound wonderfull..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I have these installed in my AmDlx... kille pickups! I think they are a steal at $129!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12