Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers on SNL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red Hot Chili Peppers on SNL

Not sure if anyone caught SNL this past weekend, but the RHCP were the musical guests, and as usual, they kicked some major boo-tay. John Frusciante was playing a sweet, vintage 3TS Stratocaster (his main axe) through two Marshall stacks (as in two heads, two 4x12 cabs x 2), so one could only imagine how bombastically loud it was. As is the norm for bands performing on SNL, they played two songs. The first song was Dani California, a spicy little number off of their newly released "Stadium Arcadium" CD, and it had all of the trademark funky vibe that the Pep's are famous for. They closed the show with their gargantuan hit Give It Away off of the "Blood Sugar Sex Majik" CD, and absolultely pounded it. All in all, a fabulous performance by one of rock's tighest acts.

I've been a fan of the RHCP since my early college days, and have always admired their commitment to their music, as well as their fantastically awesome sound. Most especially, I'm glad to see them back in peak form, sounding better than ever. I ordered the new CD from Amazon today, and will give it a run-down once I get it. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Post Thanks / Like

You should get a laugh on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8AiS...hile%20peppers
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

That was great! Thanks for posting that Tim. I don't watch TV much so I missed the new release. I'm getting the album for sure. This tune is very mature for the Peppers. Awesome.

BTW. The drummer is on Glenn Hughes last album "Soul Mover." They do play together often.
    Last edited by Spudman; May 11th, 2006 at 08:28 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The drummer is on Glenn Hughes last album "Soul Mover." They do play together often.
    When he's not enjoying the notariety of being the drummer on Glenn Hughes' last album, or the drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he's basking in the glow of being Chad Smith. In case anyone was wondering . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I never was a huge fan of the Chili Peppers, but they do have a wacky sense of humor, and Frusciante can always be counted on for a different kinda guitar track. Every one of the group is a gifted player, and every live performance that I've seen has been tight.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Bro the Peppers rock. Caught the show on TV. Saw a cool feature of them a few weeks ago on AOL music. What I like about them is that they've played what they wanted to without regard to what other people in the business wanted. Their sincerity in their music is what makes them great.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz