Thread: Q: Connecting Tube to Modelling Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Question Q: Connecting Tube to Modelling Amp

Hey folks,

I read on another forum that connecting a 5w tube amp to the effects loop of a moddeling amp will warm up the sound pretty much.

I got the Fender Champion 600 and the the Line6 FlexIII XL.

Would like to give it a try, but how do I connect them with each other? From where to where do the cables have to go?

Anyone who cold explain to me please?

Thanx

Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi,

Are they just suggesting that you use the send into the input of the tube amph & leave the return open?

In other words use the modeller's preamp as input to the tube amp.

I would be surprised if you could route the post power tube signal back into the return of the effects loop, but what do I know.

Someone who does know please pipe up!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they meant to connect the tube amp completely send and return via amps input and speaker out. The tube amp should just add some warmth, the Line6 remains the main amp.

If this worked it would be great to test it. I could put up some videos then or so.

Someone please help....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how that would work....

There are some posts about using tube pre-amps on the Line 6 Forums though. Alot of folks use alot of different effects/pre-amps through the effects loop for that tube warmth.

Check out the Line 6 forums...under the "support" section.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.