Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Valve Sr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve Sr

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Valve Sr

There is probably already a thread and I just missed it, but has anyone heard anything about these?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...nior+&go=Go%21
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Yow! Pretty dang cool! Two 6V6 & 4 12AX7 in a 1x12 baltic birch cab.

There's also a Hotrodded valve jr head.

It has reverb & a gain control.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm! Haven't heard anything till now Strum.

But it should be another nice one from Epi... from what I read at Sweetwater.:

OH Good Grief more GAS!!!:

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yow! Pretty dang cool! Two 6V6 & 4 12AX7 in a 1x12 baltic birch cab.

There's also a Hotrodded valve jr head.

It has reverb & a gain control.
    I hear you get a tube patch kit with your purchase.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I read at another forum that Epi had something on their site, but took it down. I didn't take the time to read the whole thread.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Something new rolled out at Summer NAMM'08... for some reason they removed the link at Epiphone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Something new rolled out at Summer NAMM'08... for some reason they removed the link at Epiphone.
    Probably incorporating some mods that DVM and his buddies are already coming up with.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Oh crap, strum...you had to post this, didn't you...:

Now for the million questions: I wonder if this is wired like an 18 watt clone only with a circuit board instead of an eyelet/turret board? If it is, it could sound like a little mini-Plexi. I wonder if the guys at Epi learned from the Valve Jr., and just put the right electronics in it from the start so we won't have to mod it right out of the box? I wonder which tubes this amp is shipped with? JJ's would be best in a 6V6, and Tung Sol for the 12AX7's. I hope they at least use the JJ's (but, given the cost, they probably didn't).

OK, so who's going to step up and be the guinea pig here? I already had my turn in the barrel with the Epi Blues Custom 30...someone else's turn...:

ETA: I noticed that Sweetwater has a disclaimer attached to the ad. "Worth the wait", as they put it. Seems that there's an unusually long wait for Sweetwater to get these in stock. Epi must have found some problems...

Post Thanks / Like

Dug this up different cab colors
    (orange the only color Id like or pink: ) and hotrod jr head(left top) now the sr.(middle top) and sr combo?(right top) i'm liking it!!!!

Blooz most likely they will be cheap chinese tubes that need changing.Wonder why the power tube change.:
    Last edited by mrmudcat; July 22nd, 2008 at 08:50 AM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Blooz most likely they will be cheap chinese tubes that need changing.Wonder why the power tube change.:
    Nothing better to do....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat

Dug this up different cab colors
    (orange the only color Id like or pink: ) and hotrod jr head(left top) now the sr.(middle top) and sr combo?(right top) i'm liking it!!!!
    i like the orange color too!! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like any of them...I just don't like em, I have to keep telling myself this over and over and over and...........

M29

Post Thanks / Like

OK, now that I've calmed myself down, I've going with a plan on this.

Wait until the first ones find their way into the hands of several dozen people. Let them review them, discuss them, and report on any shortcomings of the amp. Then let the hard core amp builder/modders (the guys who are hard wired for this stuff), look at them, make suggestions for improvements, and maybe even try a few themselves. Finally, after the amps have been thoroughly vetted, then I'll buy one.

Or I might just revert to usual form and buy one as soon as they become available....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    OK, now that I've calmed myself down, I've going with a plan on this.

Wait until the first ones find their way into the hands of several dozen people. Let them review them, discuss them, and report on any shortcomings of the amp. Then let the hard core amp builder/modders (the guys who are hard wired for this stuff), look at them, make suggestions for improvements, and maybe even try a few themselves. Finally, after the amps have been thoroughly vetted, then I'll buy one.

Or I might just revert to usual form and buy one as soon as they become available....
    I think there will be enough people buying them right out of the gate that you will be getting feedback real quick.

I saw the note about not being available until September, certainly not getting a jump on the competition are they? I think the Vypyr might spell slow sales for this Sr if the Vypyr is a hit.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

The Valve SR seems to be a great product.. anyone managed to find some pics?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

So far, the multiple doses of Thorazine are keeping me calm after reading this thread....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great idea and can't wait to see some Fretters go buy one!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty similar to a Harley Benton GA15. I could be wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like

I cantacted Gibson regarding the Valve Sr.

We don’t have a definitive release date at this time, but we are still hoping for some time later this year (possibly early winter). Here is the only info we have at this time:

Valve Senior Combo (also available in head/ cabinet version):

20 watt all tube, gain and volume for overdrive, Reverb is tube driven, 3 band eq with active midrange and presence, 6v6 and 12AX7 tube set, standby switch to allow tube warm up and cool down, high and low inputs, 4,8,16 ohm extension speaker outputs, 1x 12" 75 watt Lady Luck by Eminence speaker.

And to prove Rocket right (oh, it bothers me just to write it)

From Sweetwater:

Hi Mark.
    Those are coming in early Sept.
    I would suggest going with the Peavey setup.

The Peavey set-up he is referring to is the Vypyr 60 watt tube amp.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast