Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Increased number of posts per thread

View Poll Results: How many posts in a thread before another page is created?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

16 80.00%
  • More than that!

2 10.00%
  • Doesn't matter

2 10.00%

Thread: Increased number of posts per thread

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Increased number of posts per thread

Today I changed the number of posts needed in a thread before another page is created. It was 10 before, now it is 20.

This means you get more scrolling in thread, but fewer pages to go through.

Which is better?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

20 sounds good. Agree that 10 is too few.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Scrolling is good - it strengthens the picking fingers.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

20 at least! i hate jumping to a new page! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Add poll option: "Doesn't matter"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't matter much to me. I'd read anyway.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I actually prefer 17 per page but if you have to go to 20 then I'm OK with that.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I actually prefer 17 per page but if you have to go to 20 then I'm OK with that.
    If we can choose other than what is listed - I would prefer to scroll left to right.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I'd actually prefer newest first... for some reason that makes more sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I'd actually prefer newest first... for some reason that makes more sense to me.
    +1
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I like the higher post count per page Robert.:
    I'd rather scroll up and down one long page than go through multiple pages.
    I'd prob set it at 19 myself, but I'm a Dark Tower junkie and that number has become an obsession.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

20 sounds good, but can we have the first one in the middle and the odd numbered posted north of the middle and the even numbered posts to the south ?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    20 sounds good, but can we have the first one in the middle and the odd numbered posted north of the middle and the even numbered posts to the south ?
    What?
    No, but I can send someone over to give you a good spanking!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What?
    No, but I can send someone over to give you a good spanking!
    and me!

(slight sexual humor, and the word sh*t, careful clicking if offended by such. : )
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds reasonable.

Can we have a currency converter and a metric converter added to the site. How about $0.10 off a gallon of gas for every post. Do the grocery stores up there offer that? Where we shop we get something like $0.10 off for every $50 of groceries we buy. That's when having a 16 year old and an 18 year old in the house pays off.

I know, off topic. - oh well, shoot me.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nope, the only punishment here in Castle Anthrax is spanking.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I think that upping the limit to 20 shows a clear metric-centric bias. We should set it to a more logical number, like say 32. Or, even better, 42.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

but only on odd numbered days...on even number days it should be just the opposite!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Well the group has been polled (that doesn't look right) - ouch, that sounds painful.
    Mark