Thread: Gas Attack!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Attack!!

Well I think I might have gotten a bad one but my Vox AD50Valvetronic just was never pleasant sounding to me. I mean it was decent but it just didnt have the sound that pleased me. Granted I could get lots of different sounds which it did well but there was always the kind of decaying especially in the mids and highs. Maybe Im a dinosaur but its seemed "digital sounding" to me especially at low-med level with it set for a clean sound. So long story short I went with what I had originally had as my first choice a Tweed Blues Deluxe reissue, but thought Id try the new fangled stuff first and save a few $$$. Sheezus H Chrysler!!!!! what a nice amph!! I A/B tested them together and it was like night and day difference. My EC Strat sounds freakin fantastic!! BTW I darn near got the hand built 57 Tweed but felt 2000.00 was just too extravagant. I am now officially in Gitfiddle heaven. I can be loud but its just so darned clean no matter what level I play at. This one is the keeper for sure, barring blue smoke coming out the back!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Tweed Blues Deluxe reissue eh? I read about that one in my Fender brochure last night. I've never played one, but they look fantastic! Congrats, I am envious. Post some clips will ya.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the amp, Mark
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful Mark. Just when everything is going great, you have all your toys, you're playing licks like never before....along comes....a baby, a remodeling project, yard work, car maintenance, etc. All I'm saying is be careful. Play in secret if you have to to keep playing. Don't let anything come between you and your gear. When you figure out how to do this please tell the rest of us will ya?

Congrats on the new amp.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO!!! Yea that can always happen BUT the kids IN college, I survived a cancer scare this past fall, my Plumbing has been revamped so as to keep Mr. happy from causing accidents err a kidletts, all remodeling has been completed. So I plan to remain comfortably content for the forseeable future.
    Oh Ill keep the gear near and dear having gotten back into this the gear I had years ago in now very expensive it really makes ya wanna kick yer self. I could have put it away in a closet but Noooooo. Oh the road ahead looks real good!!!! Knock on maple and alder LOL.
    Last edited by Mark; May 13th, 2006 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, with all you've been through, go 'head on and feed that GAS all ya want! Congrats on the amph, man, and post a clip!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40