Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally own my law degree!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I finally own my law degree!

It only took me eighteen years, but I just paid off my student loans. WOOHOO, leaves more money for new guits now.

A round of brews for the house from Shiner!
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Congrats! Buy lots of gits now.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Congrats Congrats Shiner

M29

Post Thanks / Like

excellent!

i own one too....cost me $29.95....found it on the internet! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

When I saw the subject, I thought you were fishing on eBay again.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i own one too....cost me $29.95....found it on the internet! :

ww
    Dang, if I had just bought one of those I'd own as many guitars as Spudman by now.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Shiner! That is a great accomplishment.

BTW, Shiner, what law school did you graduate from?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    BTW, Shiner, what law school did you graduate from?
    Baylor University School of Law

http://law.baylor.edu/

And the facilities they had when I was in law school were not near as nice as what you see on the website. Spoiled punks.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that you take CB out dancin' tonight to celebrate, but since you went to Baylor Law there is too high of a risk that you might get caught.

Then they'd take the degree away and you'd have to start over!:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!...Talk about delayed gratification!

Congrats, shiner...:

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!You know they should have just givin' me one,heck all the time I spent in court rooms when I was young and all the money I spent in fines.My mom always told me to be a doctor,lawyer or a dentist,I should have listen to her.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Congrats!You know they should have just givin' me one,heck all the time I spent in court rooms when I was young and all the money I spent in fines.
    Dude, maybe you're a lawyer by proxy.:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Counselor!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Shiner, Remember that mandolin thats been calling your name...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Shiner you almost did what I always say "I'll owe you forever before I beat you out of it" It's also been a long time that you owed your soul...to the federal government" oh that's supposed to be "the company store" isn't it.

Way to go bro.
    Washburn J28SCE Cumberland
    Washburn D10S
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
    Friends Are Cherished Music Is Pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

11 years paying for me, and no end in sight.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord Pappy, I haven't thought about Tennessee Ernie Ford in years! My Dad used to have that record (any of y'all remember records? ).

Magoo, that mandolin is still callin' me, but if you'll check my birthday/anniversary thread here in a little bit, you'll see it's going to have to wait for another day.

Steve, I thought you and Krashpad might have a special appreciation for this event. Now if we could just get CB's loans paid off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Now if we could just get CB's loans paid off!
    once she's on tour she can pay it off quickly!! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Shiner, I think that's a fine acheivment in life. When CB starts touring you will be able to take some of her case load and stay at work while the rest of us become roadies and don't worry we'll send pics from all the stadiums full of fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast