Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I discovered a new method to strengthen your fretting fingers!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I discovered a new method to strengthen your fretting fingers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I discovered a new method to strengthen your fretting fingers!

It involves stabbing yourself in the pad of your index finger. It will force you to rely on your middle, ring, and pinky. It's great. Everyone should try it!

On second thought it kind of sucks. Luckily I don't have another gig until the 26th. It is forcing me to come up with some interesting fingerings though.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Damn hubberjub. That looks nasty. If it's all the same to you I think I'll pass on this new training method of yours.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Been there.
    Banana'd my left medio to the bone doing a full-length E-slide on ultra-lights.
    That's why I try to discourage the use of ultra-lights.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely feel for you Hub. When I was still cooking for a living I had a bit of an accident with a knife and nearly removed the entirety of my fingertip on my left index finger. The time it took to heal was a lot longer than I intended to go without playing guitar so I found some work-around fingerings and/or dealt with the excruciating pain. Here's hoping you heal quickly.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Oh crap, there goes nose picking.

I hope you heal well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Errhh, sorry but why did you stab yerself?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

To strengthen his fretting finger Robert. Come on, pay attention son.:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!! Hurts just looking at it.

Like Rocket I've got a bit of a flashback going. Mine involves a fish and a filet knife. :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Errhh, sorry but why did you stab yerself?
    I was cutting a plastic cable tie and the knife slipped. It was my own careless mistake. I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Ouch! Oh crap, there goes nose picking.

I hope you heal well.
    Though I can only play the guitar right handed I am able to pick my nose with a variety of fingers (and a few toes). It's just one of my many talents. Thanks for the good wishes.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, I thought you would have learned from my hacking off of three fingertips. Ahh well. Aren't stitches in your fingertip a joy?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Dad, who is a great sax player, cut off the end of his index finger, darn near down to the first knuckle, in our old fashioned power "reel" style mower when he put his hand down there to brush the grass back into the catcher without turning the blades off. We kids and my mom were away at the time and came home to the mower in the yard, blood going in and out of the house, and the other car gone. Dad held the end of the finger, which was attached by a piece of skin, onto the rest of the finger, which he wrapped in paper towel or something, and drove himself down to the ER in the 3 on the tree Buick wagon we had back then. They re-attached it, and although he can't bend it far, and has reduced feeling there, it doesn't hold him back much.

Point is, stitches in your finger doesn't look like all that much fun. ;-) Hope it heals quickly and well for you.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, Hub, that hurts too many!

Quick recovery, man.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I definitely feel for you Hub. When I was still cooking for a living I had a bit of an accident with a knife and nearly removed the entirety of my fingertip on my left index finger. The time it took to heal was a lot longer than I intended to go without playing guitar so I found some work-around fingerings and/or dealt with the excruciating pain. Here's hoping you heal quickly.:
    i was in the restaurant biz for many years and one night i cut the tip of my thumb off (never found it ) packed it with coffee grounds to stop the bleeding since there was nothing left to pull over and stitch....

hope you heal quickly....it hurt just looking at your pic...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I did that a few times on a smaller basis, catching a little skin and maybe the corner of my nail, while using my chef's knife prep cooking for a living. It would happen when breaking down chickens at speed or cutting onions. I started wearing one of those knife deflecting gloves while doing chicken, figuring it was a part time, ski bum job, and that I would rather keep my fingertips. Before then, I became adept at bandaging finger ends. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

HUB, may I recommend a purchase of side cutters??? They cost a lot less than those stitches. OUCH! man that hurts almost as much as the thought Rocket brought up on that set of Ultra LIght strings. THE pain:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry I looked again I get the willies big time looking at that picture. My heart goes out to you.

You should maybe do the Michael Jackson thing (glove) for a while just to keep that hand clean so that it doesn't get infected and can heal well.

Speaking of Michael Jackson...what do Michael Jackson and Kmart have in common? They both have little boys pants half off.

Laughter is the best medicine.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'm really sorry I looked again I get the willies big time looking at that picture. My heart goes out to you.

You should maybe do the Michael Jackson thing (glove) for a while just to keep that hand clean so that it doesn't get infected and can heal well.

Speaking of Michael Jackson...what do Michael Jackson and Kmart have in common? They both have little boys pants half off.

Laughter is the best medicine.
    I just took that picture while I was changing the bandages. I keep it clean and wrapped up.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch..this is one of my worst nightmares. I gig lots and heal poorly so this would be a problem.
    Hope you heal fast Hub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast