Thread: Washburn D25S

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washburn D25S

I dont think I'm rehashing an old thread, but if I am, feel free to point me to it.

Anyone ever had one of these, played one, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, or any other general thoughts? There's one local that I think I can get for a good price, practically new (still has the plastic and the sticker on it) and I'd like to upgrade a bit. Plus, I like the sound, but sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm just too caught up in the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never played one Peachhead so I can't give you much help there. It appears to have a solid wood top with laminated sapele back and sides. The top was cedar until 1995 when they changed to a solid spruce top. Since it still has the plastic and sticker I would assume it's probably a spruce top.

I'm probably relaying information everyone already knows, but the solid top on an acoustic is a good thing. It will open up over time and sound better the more the guitar is played and aged.

Have you had the chance to play it? If so, how does it sound?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it sounded good, especially considering the strings were crap and it looked like it has been hanging there for ages. The S/N starts with 01 so I am not sure if that is 1990, or 2001, as I am not sure when it was discontinued. Even with really nasty strings it was very bright but boomy. If I bought it I would take it down to the other shop 3 blocks over and get the tech there to set it up and possibly install a new saddle.
    I'm wanting to upgrade a bit- and I've had a yen for a Washburn for some reason.
    Maybe I'll get myself an early birthday present...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'll see what I can find out Peach. What are they asking for it?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

I think $250. I was thinking about offering $200 and see how that goes.