Thread: Search Process

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Search Process

I was looking for some threads on the Epiphone Valve Special. Unfortunately when you do a search you get threads that have the word "Special" or "valve" - well, you get my point.

Is there any way to do a search so it only picks up exactly what I am looking for?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Just put "epiphone valve special" (including the quotes!) into the Google search. You can also put this into Google itself which will do something similar:

"epiphone valve special" site:thefret.net
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Under search, use Google to search the site- and look for "epiphone valve special" (include quotes). That ought to narrow it down (I think).

edit: Yeah, what he said

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks guys - another "you learn something new everyday" moment. I thought that using that would just do the normal google search, maybe I should have paid closer attention to the selection below the box.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Like Marnold said. The domain search format also works for sites that don't have a google search option. It's worth knowing to hone your searches.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I know to do this, but I often have a hard time digging up an old post. I rack my brain for what might be a phrase unique to that thread with no luck.
    I pick a moon dog.