Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Played a gig today and one more tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played a gig today and one more tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Played a gig today and one more tonight

Just got done playing a gig in the park after the parade. It was to benefit a youth foundation and I don't know which one.

Anyway...a keyboard player sat in with us and sounded great. He's gigged in L.A. for some time and is living here now. He just happens to work where Mrs. Spud works too. No rehearsals. I just wrote down the song titles and keys and off we went. It sounded really good and put the other bands to shame (modestly repeating what I was told).

Tonight we are doing a large outdoor party ala Krashpad style. It's out of town along a creek in the forest and is an annual event. Darrin the keyboardist will be playing with us also. He's packing a Hammond B3 and Leslie. What a monster...but it sounds great.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time, good music brings out good people for fun , food and drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun Spudman. Have fun that the gig tonight!
    Send some more pictures.

That Steve Lukather guitar looks great.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

The Spudster with the Luke:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Break a leg tonight brother.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Sounds like a great time.

Hammond B3 and some whirling Leslies. Another flashback!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    The Spudster with the Luke:
    That's why his name is Luke Skyrawker.

It used to be Spud Skyrawker until he got the Luke.

How was the H&K Spud?
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

How was the H&K Spud?
    I didn't even catch that in the background. Yep, interested in hearing how the amp performed at the gig(s).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    How was the H&K Spud?
    It performs very well. No lack of anything. I might have even been a little loud. ha ha 20 watts...go figure.

This baby takes a Tube Screamer very well. I'm almost afraid to use the ZYS for fear that when I hear it it will be time to die as I have experienced complete tonal nirvana. All my pedals sound better with the H&K actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    This baby takes a Tube Screamer very well. I'm almost afraid to use the ZYS for fear that when I hear it it will be time to die as I have experienced complete tonal nirvana. All my pedals sound better with the H&K actually.
    Great when it works out that way.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs?
    If anybody has some I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

cool...bet the organ player was a nice addition... :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    It performs very well. No lack of anything. I might have even been a little loud. ha ha 20 watts...go figure.

Glad to hear that .

Are you running wireless?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Skyrawker,looks as if you guys will need the force to move that organ around,oh no Im not going there I mean the Hammon B3.I know you guys better now.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh.. Luke!

I see that the force is with you young padawan!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Luke and Kettner, sounds good! Go ahead, try that ZYS next time. I bet you rock and can't pass on because you need to experience that feeling a bunch more times. Looking good!, but your knees are showing!???

Glad you had so much fun bro, and wish I could have heard you.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Made it through the evening gig.

We were told there would be a large enough generator to get us through but when the guy pulled it out of the box it turned out to be much smaller than originally thought. Everything electrical was going haywire when the bass player and organist would hit a hard note together. We didn't blow anything but it felt like at any minute we could.

To the rescue
    It just so happened that at the early gig that afternoon I saw an old friend and she told me she was getting married soon and then introduced me to her fiance'. They mentioned they would be coming to the gig at night and so they did. When they discovered the generator issue they drove all the way back to town and got theirs for us.: They really saved the day and now want us to play at their wedding reception. So that worked out nicely.

The last two sets were pretty darn cold as we were in the mountains. We could see our breath and our fingers were getting very sluggish but we managed to play on. We were able to come up with about 6 songs that we had never done before so it allowed us to stretch the sets. Yes Warren the keyboardist is a great addition and we'll be doing more gigs with him for sure. He'll be coming to rehearsal, um the open mic, tonight and we'll get to do it all over again and then some. More invention.

It was a good junior boxing event for some of the women and I'm sorry to report their were no Crocks in sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast