Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite type of pizza?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your favorite type of pizza?

Shiner and i are cooking. i think i love the recipes where we work side by side the best.

we're making pizza.

boarshead pepperoni sliced at number one, grilled onions, garlic, mushrooms, black olives... slathered with deli mozzarella.

yummy.

[although if we're just ordering out, it would be a domino's thin crust deluxe with an order of cheesy bread]

what's your favorite pie?
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Swedish pizza. It's different than in North America. Not sure how to explain the difference. It has a different crust, a thin yummy one.

In Canada, I like Panago pizza - see www.panago.com
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a place called Theresa's Pizza near us. I like mine plain, double cheese and lite sauce. I use to like pepperoni and sausage but the doc says

http://www.teresaspizza.net/
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, i had pizza once in Bergen, when i was visiting my sister.

that was truly interesting. they have combinations of ingredients that i would never have thought of. i liked it very much.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Margherita. Simple, delicious.

Thin crispy crust, rough chopped fresh roma tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, & fresh mozzerella (preferably buffalo milk).

A nice red wine & you've got heaven.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

The one that's in front of me.

Otherwise I'll have a supreme (aka junk) or pepperoni-mushrooms-ham. I prefer a thinner crust unless I'm having a REAL Chicago deep-dish.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Arturo's. Houston St., NYC.

Forget the Famous Rays, Original Rays, Famous Original Rays. Arturos is the place.

PS: Anchovies :
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not picky when it comes to pizza... It's all good.

There was/is a place in Leander (and in Austin) called Saccone's that used to have pizza that rose to a whole new level... It's what other pizzas aspire to be.

Other than that, I'll take a Gatti's Pan Pepperoni, please.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Free is my favorite.

The one tOt describes sounds really good. I'd like to try that one. All the commercial pizzerias here are just the same chain type of stuff.

However, I do mine from scratch and use whole wheat and unbleached flower for the crust and then the sauce has mucho garlic and herbs and a tangy tomato sauce. So I guess I'd have to say my own is really my favorite. I do a nice Greek pizza with onions, olives and feta cheese on occasion.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite Pizza is the simple one my grandma in Sicily always made. It's just some mixture of tomatos and salami, some olives, mozarella and that's about it.

I once had a great Pizza in Washington D.C., it was a pepperoni Pizza.

My personal favourite is the Pizza Hawaaii, cooked Italian Prosciutto cotto, which is cooked ham, pineapple, cheese and garlic.

Never ate Swedish pizza before, but I will definitely try it when I'm up there.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mighty partial to a pepperoni with olives anchovies and fresh chilli

Post Thanks / Like

I'm allergic to the sauce , so my favorite comes from Little Ceasar's with lots of beef , mushrooms and banana peppers. :

Post Thanks / Like

: Anchovies :

Not just for pizza.

If you like'em put'em on Greek Salad (Feta, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, onions sliced thin).

Try some on spaghetti too!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, y'all are giving me some excellent ideas to try out. Spud, I used to have a recipe for pizza dough that somehow got misplaced in the first divorce. When CB and make pizza we usually use one of those Boboli crusts and then add on whatever we want. But I'd love to give your dough a try if you wouldn't mind posting the recipe (I need detail because I'm an idiot when it comes to cooking).
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

it's hard to beat a nice ny style cheese pizza....there is something about the simple mix of crust, sauce and cheese that is just the perfect food!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    : Anchovies :

Not just for pizza.

If you like'em put'em on Greek Salad (Feta, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, onions sliced thin).

Try some on spaghetti too!

And of course Ceaser Salad!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I do a nice Greek pizza with onions, olives and feta cheese on occasion.
    Greek?... Is that the one where you pack the cheese in the bottom?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Greek?... Is that the one where you pack the cheese in the bottom?
    : :

just sayin'....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Being from Chicago I guess I'm am partial to theirs really nothing in the Bluegrass state can even come close except mine made from scratch.shiner if you can find any try some pastorelli pizza sauce it is outstanding in a lot of dishes requiring sauce.Mostaccioli for instance(not sure that is spelled right) but you get the idea.in Florida Ci Ci's was the ticket with so many kinds to choose from.it was $3 all you can eat plus beverages all you want :
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast