Thread: Joomla

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joomla

Been playing with Joomla - content management software - and when I moved my domain to a new server I decided to rework the whole thing and make it interactive. Joomla is very dynamic and quite easy to manage and to add plugins and modules to.

Robert you may want to try it out for Dolphin Street perhaps.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to look at it closer. There are things I don't like about it. I like to develop my own tools, as I've done with Dolphinstreet, but I may move everything to something different like Joomla eventually.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fiddled some with Joomla, but finally settled on Drupal as my webdev/cms environment of choice. It has a steeper learning curve, but once you get some of the basic concepts (like taxonomies), it's really powerful.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's